A little help (girls)

Options
Does you're period effect you're weight?
I've done nothing differany this week to last week and yet I have gained a few pounds =/

Also is there any reason that I am ALWAYS craving sugary foods during this time? Its like I have a never-ending appetite... or is that just comfort eating...

Replies

• X_c0nfuZed_X
    Options
    Does you're period effect you're weight?
    I've done nothing differany this week to last week and yet I have gained a few pounds =/

Also is there any reason that I am ALWAYS craving sugary foods during this time? Its like I have a never-ending appetite... or is that just comfort eating...
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    yes most women fluctuate anywhere between 2-8 pounds, i know that i usually do and its never the same. i just try not to weigh during that time that way i dont get dicouraged.
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Yes, I usually gain 2-3 pounds around that time and then it goes right back down afterward. Don't worry about it. It's completely normal.

I crave chocolate around that time for me. I find that if a drink a glass of chocolate milk it's low in calories and I get my "fix." I also like the Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Squares. The one with Raspberry only has 55 calories per square. So, if you can only eat one it satisfies that as well.
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    You do gain wieght during TOM and I get really bad sugar cravings.

What I do is I use crystal light.....Normally I drink regular water but when I have a sweet craving I add some of the light
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    That would be a big YES for me.:devil:
    It effects my attitude too:explode:
  • SandyHern
    SandyHern Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I usually gain about 2-5 lbs. It's pretty normal, and it always goes away after a couple of days.

I crave peanut butter. That's usually when I get out the apple slices...

:smile: Sandy

103332.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • X_c0nfuZed_X
    Options
    Thats good :smile:
    I thought my body was just going crazy
    thank you!!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    It's my time right now and I haven't noticed any difference. That might be because I have been exercising my tush off this week. :huh:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    There are any number of things that can have an affect on what the scale says. Being on your period is one of them but so is eating too much salt, not keeping yourself hydrated, being constipated, and any other weird things are body goes through in the course of a day.

The point is, you may or may not have a gain around that time, but just relax, don't take it as an indication you are gaining weight and keep doing what you're doing. The scale will catch up if you are doing everything right.

You can do a search and there will probably be pages and pages of posts by people having this problem. So you are definitely not alone.

:bigsmile:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I must be the odd ball here but when I was loosing and not maintaning, I never noticed any major changes around my TOM
    I drink TONS of water a day and 4-5 cups of decaf green tea
    I noticed more of a change on the scale when I cut back on my water/green tea...so I am assuming it helps with water weight etc
    BUT everyone is different, so if u are doing all you should and the scale goes up around your TOM....do your best to stay on track and not weigh in again until next week

Kim
  • ruth369
    Options
    I've never noticed my weight going up around tom, but I do feel "fat" and my appetite goes crazy a couple of days before I start. I want to eat everything in site and my will power just goes poof.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I've never noticed my weight going up around tom, but I do feel "fat" and my appetite goes crazy a couple of days before I start. I want to eat everything in site and my will power just goes poof.

Mine too....that's why I try to keep low calorie stuff to munch on when TOM comes around.