Volcano Rice

Options
Has anyone tried volcano rice? The name peaked my interest the last time I was at Outpost so I grabbed some. I have it in the rice cooker now but am interested to hear if anyone has tried it. I looked it up online and found that it is loaded with minerals and antioxidants ...

mineral- and antioxidant-packed blend of traditional aromatic West Java rices grown on volcanic soils rich in magnesium, manganese and zinc – essential minerals so often lacking in modern diets. A colorful blend of nutrient-dense Sintanur brown rice, whole grain red rice and lightly milled red rice that is reputed to restore vitality due to its high mineral, fiber and antioxidant content, it's no wonder the Javanese favor these healthy rices for their satisfying wholesome flavor. We're told that Sintanur, with a hint of vanilla-like Pandan aroma, is such a favorite with Javanese that they take it along when visiting other islands. Volcano Rice can transform any rice dish into a more flavorful and nutritious meal.

Waiting for it to finish cooking!!

Replies

• bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    That sounds really good.
    Doubt I could find it in this backwater town, though. :-/
  • solflyer81
    solflyer81 Posts: 119
    Options
    um that sounds amazing, i m going to have to try and find me some of that. I really cant stand brown rice. I ve tried all different ways and I just cant deal with it. I do wholegrain pastas and breads and tortillas and all that-just cant deal with the rice.
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    It caught my eye first because of the color and with a name like volcano rice, well I had to at least try it! :happy: But it is SO fragrant! I am upstairs and I can smell it cooking up here! Now I am really getting hungry!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    sounds intrestng