Self-Concious

Options
I'm doing fine. I have MFP post on Facebook some of the things I do. Weigh loss and exercise in particular. I was feeling good about everything too.

Until... I got near the 50 pound mark. I probably have 30 or so to go. I put 100 pound loss as my goal but really want to get into size 36 pants comfortably and see.

So anyways, once I got near fifty pounds it started hitting me, not like I had lost 50 pounds but more like a guy who had let himself get 50 pounds overweight. And more even.

Anyways, it just makes me feel a bit self conscious that I had let myself go like that. Now I pretty much don't like to talk about it at all. I even delete most of the posts on FB about losing. I should be celebrating but instead feel a bit embarrassed.

Anyone else get like this?

Replies

• AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of yourself...

It is hard to get past certain insecurites but i want to dance on top of the table because i have lost 55 pounds!!!

Enjoy it and know that you now have the tools to keep the weight off for good
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    As Billy Blanks would say "You've got to give some to get some". You've given up weight to get stronger and healthier. Don't let that demon in your head bring you down. You've done a great job!!! 50 pounds is nothing to sneeze over. Keep it up and be proud of what you've accomplished.

I don't like looking at old photos either, but it's a motivator to remind myself how I never want to end up in that state again.

Good luck!!!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    It's embarrassing and can lead to feelings of guilt and shame that YOU did this to yourself. No one else held you down and stuffed your face. No one made those choices. Granted, you weren't properly concentrating on health and nutrition. That's the past. It can't ever be any different. I've felt that way. I've looked in the mirror and cried and screamed LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO YOURSELF. That's a little extreme.... I get that way when I'm hormonal LOL It's tough though. Admitting that you're not happy at your current weight... then getting the courage to do something about it. You'll come around and realize that it's not what you've done in the past, but all the great things you're going to do that really matter :)
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Thanks all.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. I really don't like to discuss my weight loss outside MFP. My family is always saying I should go here or there and let people see me now. I don't want to go. No one ever felt my weight was an appropriate conversation when I was obese, I'm not sure why suddenly it is open for discussion! I have lost over 60 lbs, great for me, but I don't want to discuss the fact that I needed to lose those lbs and more. I get where you are coming from!