My NSV

Options
I actually ran my first mile today! :bigsmile: I did it without any pain in my knee and I was able to breathe!! Two weeks ago I couldn't run more than 3 minutes without feeling like my lungs were going to explode and now I can run for 15!! I think this is the best I've felt since I started this journey. Of course getting on the scale and seeing the pounds come off is the best feeling but this is a close second. :happy:

Replies

• kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    congrats! i felt the same way when I finally got on a treadmill and ran a mile without stopping.. it's something you always think you can't do so when you do it it feels amazing! keep up the awesome work!
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    Congratulations that is Awesome !!! Feels good to be able to run and not think your dying...lol, blessings sweetie !!!
  • revnica
    revnica Posts: 50
    Options
    congrats, thats a huge success!!!!:smile:
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    WTG! I remember when I barely could make a quarter mile! (2.5 months ago).
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Hey ! I was like you weeks ago. Last Wednesday, I ran consecutively 3.38 miles in 39 minutes. You will run faster outside than on the treadmill. On the treadmill I only ran up to 4.1 mph, I started out at 3.7 mph. Slowly buildling my way to running farther and faster worked very well for me. Last Wednesday, was the first day I ever ran outside and I ran sooooo much faster! You are doing awesome!

I noticed that drinking a protein shake direclty after working out really helps with recovery. I tried running last year, but my knees hurt so bad. This year I'm drinking a 42g protein shake ready-to-drink EAS brand. I can't stand the powder smell, so I have to drink the ready-to-drink shakes. There are some bad ones out there. I also read on here that stretching before running could be bad. I don't stretch before I run either. I can run longer when I don't stretch. Weird.. I know! Good Luck!!
  • victoriashea
    Options
    It always seems impossible... Until it's done!
    Well played, madam. Keep it up!

Next stop: Chicago marathon.
  • kristenwig1980
    kristenwig1980 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys!!
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    that's so aweome! i've still never tried! i'll add that to my list. thanks for the motivation!
  • cvealb
    cvealb Posts: 8
    Options
    I remember when I could hardly do 2 minutes on the elliptical. Now I do 30-45 minutes everyday, using the programs that go up into the high resistance. It's a lot of sweat and sometimes pain, but I never thought I would be able to do it. Perseverance works.
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thumbs up!
  • misslissa555
    misslissa555 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Ohhh yeah! Congrats!!! :flowerforyou: I wish I could say the same. Maybe if I can find a wicked extra maximum sports bra to keep the girls under control I could. :ohwell:
  • beach_bum_gurl
    Options
    Awesome!
  • kristenwig1980
    kristenwig1980 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ohhh yeah! Congrats!!! :flowerforyou: I wish I could say the same. Maybe if I can find a wicked extra maximum sports bra to keep the girls under control I could. :ohwell:

I feel your pain! I wear one over my bra! (How sad is that?:cry: ) But, I'm hoping that won't be the case for too much longer.
  • misslissa555
    misslissa555 Posts: 135 Member
    Options

I feel your pain! I wear one over my bra! (How sad is that?:cry: ) But, I'm hoping that won't be the case for too much longer.
    Ohhh man! 2 at once!!! UGH! I'm down 25lbs and they haven't shrunk yet, so I'm not holding my breath:laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!