My own twist on muffin recipie

Options
So a few weeks ago I made these Ricotta Choc Chip muffins and they were delicious. This week I went to make them again, but I put my own twist on the recipie. I took out the chocolate chips and put fruit in instead. I used fresh blueberries and frozen raspberries(didnt have fresh ones). They are so delicious and soooooo moist. I usually get 18 or 19 muffins out of one batch when the recipie says it makes about a dozen. The best part is, I cut the sugar per serving by adding the fruit and taking out the chocolate chips !!! :) so good and they are definitely NOT guilt muffins ...only delicious ones :)

( The nutrition for the recipie below will be a little different if you add fruit instead of the choc chips) I got the recipie off skinnytaste.com though :) great website! :)

heres the recipie if anyone is interested!

4.7 grams of fat, 4.9 grams of protein, 34.2 grams carbs, 19.2 grams sugar making it only 195.4 CALORIES in TOTAL!!!! :) This muffin anywhere else would be at least 400 + calories.

Heres the recipie: ENJOY :)

Ricotta Cheese Chocolate Chip Muffins

Ingredients:
2 cups self rising cake flour (Presto)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light
3/4 cup sugar
3 large egg whites
8 oz fat free ricotta cheese
1/2 tbsp vanilla
9 tbsp mini semi-sweet chocolate Chip morsels

Directions
Preheat oven to 375

Mix flour and baking soda. Mix and cream butter and sugar. Beat egg whites and add to butter/sugar mixture. Mix in ricotta cheese, then flour mixture and vanilla. Fold in chocolate chips and spoon into lined muffin tins about 3/4 filled.

Bake at 375° for 15-16 minutes and let cool.

Makes 12 muffins

SO SIMPLE and SOOOOOOo DELISH! :)

Replies