Fast Food Sauce: REVEALED

Options
Jorra
Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
Here's what the sauces at fast food restaurants really look like. They sit on the counter all day long in tubs and get separated and oily. At the end of the day they're put back in the cooler for the next day.

This is mayonnaise.
2011-08-18171703.jpg

This is tartar sauce.
2011-08-18171750.jpg

This is ranch.
2011-08-18171800.jpg

Disclaimer: not trying to pass judgement on anyone here who eats fast food, just wanted to show what it's really like back in the kitchen.

Replies

• kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    yuckkkk. I think the ranch is the worst. disgusting. you are always so up on all of this stuff, thanks for the post.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    gross just another reason not too!
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Did you take these pictures yourself or pull them off the internet?
  • Jorra
    Options

I took these myself.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I make awesome sauce to put on people's food.
  • Pleasedaspunch
    Options
    D: I think you may have helped me with my troubling love of mayo.....thank you =)
  • groovyfirechick
    Options
    ewwwwwww! when I was a waitress they kept the sauces in small tubs which came out of the fridge in the morning and went into a big tub filled with ice (to keep them cold) and that was set into a fridge with a roll top to facilitate us serving it. never saw anything like this go on. thanks for the info!
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options

SPUNKY!!!!
  • Jorra
    Options
    ewwwwwww! when I was a waitress they kept the sauces in small tubs which came out of the fridge in the morning and went into a big tub filled with ice (to keep them cold) and that was set into a fridge with a roll top to facilitate us serving it. never saw anything like this go on. thanks for the info!

I'm glad your restaurant attempted to keep them cold!
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options

I took these myself.

Where the F* do you work???? I've work a lot of fast food restaurants and have NEVER seen anything like that!!!
  • saltorian
    saltorian Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    :sick: <
    That.
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    that's so gross.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Sauce anywhere will get like that if it's not mixed often, not just at fast food places.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Darnit. I thought this was going to be the secret recipe to fast food "special sauce".
  • Jorra
    Options
    Darnit. I thought this was going to be the secret recipe to fast food "special sauce".

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/McDonalds-Special-Sauce-Big-Mac-Sauce-Recipe.html
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/McDonalds-Special-Sauce-Big-Mac-Sauce-Recipe.html

nice :drinker:
  • tjutrostina
    tjutrostina Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I've stopped fast food and processed foods.
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    Do you have any pictures of what nut butter looks like after being left out all day? I am curious if it separates as well.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options

SPUNKY!!!!

It can be FULL of spunk!
  • Jorra
    Options
    Do you have any pictures of what nut butter looks like after being left out all day? I am curious if it separates as well.

It most likely does. As a previous poster noted, all sauces get separated when not mixed occasionally.