My situation is kinda weird...

Options
Okay so im having a problem. I am a good dieter (when im on diet mode i eat good) but its hard for me when im on a diet to eat my whold 1200 calories... And its definetly harder to eat my extra calories (when working out) sometimes ill eat like 700 and be so stuffed i cant force myself to eat another 500 calories. But when im not on a diet i can eat like 3000 calories... Im weird i know... But what should i do cause i dont want to over eat... cause thats not good... but i also dont want to eat like i am... what should i do

Replies

• hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Okay so im having a problem. I am a good dieter (when im on diet mode i eat good) but its hard for me when im on a diet to eat my whold 1200 calories... And its definetly harder to eat my extra calories (when working out) sometimes ill eat like 700 and be so stuffed i cant force myself to eat another 500 calories. But when im not on a diet i can eat like 3000 calories... Im weird i know... But what should i do cause i dont want to over eat... cause thats not good... but i also dont want to eat like i am... what should i do
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    this happened to me. i had to force myself to eat all 1200...i ate more dense foods. bananas for fruit, avacado, nuts and peanut butter for fats and protein, full cal sandwich bread.
  • turtle
    turtle Posts: 49
    Options
    Instead of being in "diet mode" just adjust your normal eating ( ie still making hamburgers for dinner but using turkey or vegetarian meat). Otherwise this transition won't be permanent since no one can survive on 700 calories a day so you'll be sure to go back to your old ways and weight. I think just making healthier choices but still enjoying the food you like (in moderation) will be much more longterm than dieting for a few weeks and then binging. I had to face this the hard way, but good luck and best wishes!
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I am actually just bumping this for you because I have the same problem. I eat three meals a day and dessert at night but since I started "dieting" I have just come to enjoy the healthier foods and salads and I am a huge water fan so I feel like I eat til I am going to POP for 1100 calories a day, or so. MPF tell me almost EVERYDAY that I may be putting myself in starvation mode. As much as I don't want this to happen, I also don't want to eat MORE when I am full!!:grumble:
  • tiliquinones
    Options
    How do you stay at 700 cal a day?! Do you skip meals? You should be eating 5-6 small meals a day I usually eat 300 cal for breakfast & the rest I spread them out on my lunch, dinner & 2 snacks.
  • jesusgrl14
    Options
    Man, I know it's not good to eat below your recommended calories but I have a HECK of a time just staying within mine. And I get so excited when i work out and get to eat those too. I wish I found it easier to eat as FEW as 1200 calories a day. How do you only get in 700 calories?
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    I understand...I have decided that me personally it is just the simple things I have cut...when you ARE trying to live healthy you tend to get rid of your fat habits..for instance...2 weeks ago I would drink 3-4 cans of pop a day...and out meals normally had something fried (Chicken, french fries, heck I even grilled our hamburger buns iwith butter :(). Since eating healthy...it isn't that I dont eat I just dont eat the same empty food. I am actually having my diet and weight loss monitored by my doctor and I have told him about "myfitnesspal" and he said it is really great for the most part and for MOST people, but as far as eating your calories ( and this is just for me so please don't be offended anyone) that you burn working out he doesn't recomend it for me. When you are trying to "lose weight" you watch all your calories and you work out....well if you turn around and eat the very calories you have worked off then your maintaining right? I eat three meals a day...and I eat until I am full...and I eat when I am hungry. God made amazing bodies for us that know how they should work and when your ACTUALLY hungry you eat...and if you aren't hungry than aren't you just replacing one habit with another? When we are overweight we eat because we are bored, sad, angry the list goes on and on but if you are trying to lose weight and you still eat...when your not hungry but because the numbers tell you too then really whats the difference....wow sorry that was so long and again this is just me but maybe it could help.:flowerforyou: