I am so excited to be here!

abagwill
abagwill Posts: 222
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Well, I am back to being able to exercise. I just had my son on 11/22/2008 and I gained a total of 32 lbs. I was actually heavier than I ever had been when I got pregnant and I wasn't excited about knowing I was going to gain a TON of weight with my pregnancy. I ballooned up to 245 lbs (as of the day I had him) and I am now starting fitnesspal.com at 215.8 lbs. My goal is to be 140 lbs again. For my build and height that is a very realistic goal (they determine me to be between 125-150 lbs). I am so excited for my new journey.
I am recovering from a C-Section so I have to take it easy for awhile until I get the go-ahead with working out well again. For now, Ethan (my son) and I will go on our daily walks around the neighborhood (hopefully go up to a mile). I am so excited to make new buddies and continue to log my progress! I know I can do this :-)

Replies

• abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Well, I am back to being able to exercise. I just had my son on 11/22/2008 and I gained a total of 32 lbs. I was actually heavier than I ever had been when I got pregnant and I wasn't excited about knowing I was going to gain a TON of weight with my pregnancy. I ballooned up to 245 lbs (as of the day I had him) and I am now starting fitnesspal.com at 215.8 lbs. My goal is to be 140 lbs again. For my build and height that is a very realistic goal (they determine me to be between 125-150 lbs). I am so excited for my new journey.
    I am recovering from a C-Section so I have to take it easy for awhile until I get the go-ahead with working out well again. For now, Ethan (my son) and I will go on our daily walks around the neighborhood (hopefully go up to a mile). I am so excited to make new buddies and continue to log my progress! I know I can do this :-)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Welcome! You can do this, and we will be there to help!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • SandyHern
    SandyHern Posts: 70 Member
    Congratulations on the arrival of Ethan! :flowerforyou:
    And yes you can do this!!!

:happy: Sandy
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Congratulations :bigsmile: and WELCOME :flowerforyou: . I am sure you will find a load of encouragement and help here :tongue:

"Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!"
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    WELCOME!! I went through the very same thing earlier this year. I started my last pregnancy at 197, I gained 35 pounds (which was the least I had ever gained with a pregnancy), but the day of my 3rd and last C-section I was a whopping 232 pounds, this was in Feb of this spring. I am now 62 pounds lighter and a happierand healthier Mom to my 9 months old baby girl as well as my 2 older children (11 and 7). Wishing you the very best of luck with your journeys - both with your weight and as a Mommy!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Your story is similar to mine! Heavier than you wanted to be when you got pregnant, gained weight (obviously) and now you want it OFF! Welcome to the site! The tools are very useful. Congrats on the baby & best of luck recovering from the c-section! :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.