Uped calories to break plateau, now what?

Misiaxcore
Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
edited October 1 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm just full of questions today. I hit a plateau a few weeks ago, and in order to break it, I increased my calorie intake by 160 which seemed to do the trick. But now I'm wondering if I should decrease my calorie intake again until I hit another plateau? xD

I've been trying to zigzag my calories as well, but to be honest I can't seem to be consistent with that at all =/ I find it much easier to just eat to my net number and if a few days I go over then so be it.

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Congrats on busting the plateau! I would suggest leaving your cals where they are for now. You can consider it part of the trial and error process of finding your sweet spot.

Don't even worry about zigzagging if it doesn't seem to flow well for you. Your attitude of " if a few days I go over then so be it" is spot on. Aim for your net just like you say. Do the best you can every day. And you'll keep getting closer and closer to your goal.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    nice job :D you sound like you have the right idea doing what you are doing now! stick with your cals where they are and see if you continue to see the scale go down. it's a time game, wait it out is the best answer :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    No. Your body lost the weight because you're feeding it enough. Why would you go back down? Stay where you are and you should be fine.
  • Good Job! I'm currently in a plateau too. I've upped the calories from last week. I gained this week but will give it a month to decide if it's working. I hope to get the results you are too. Keep up the good work!
This discussion has been closed.