What healthy snacks work for you that have a desk job?

Options
Besides celery, and cereal bars...what good recommendations do you have on snacks that you snack on...but, don't gain weight with?

Replies

• Coach2010
    Options
    Besides celery, and cereal bars...what good recommendations do you have on snacks that you snack on...but, don't gain weight with?
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Cheese stick, jerky, almonds, dry cereal, fruit, raisens, craisens
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Apples Plums Oranges GRAPES!
    As I said as a kid to my Sunday School teacher...
    If they don't have grapes in Heaven I AM NOT GOING!
    :laugh:
    She told me that she was MOST CERTAIN that they did.
    apples are easy to find and easy to get and Not too expensive either!
    --Diann...
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    bump for later - I wanna know what you guys have to say

I eat cereal bars, a fruit, dark chocolate, almonds, rice cakes. I wish there was something out there to stuff your mouth with and which has 0 calories. Don't we all? :grumble:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Apples Plums Oranges GRAPES!
    As I said as a kid to my Sunday School teacher...
    If they don't have grapes in Heaven I AM NOT GOING!
    :laugh:
    She told me that she was MOST CERTAIN that they did.
    apples are easy to find and easy to get and Not too expensive either!
    --Diann...

Im so upset with apples right now. two weeks ago I bought a bag of apples and loved them couldn't get enough of them. SO I made sure to right down the kind of apples so I could pick of the same kind. I got the same kind the next day and they were nasty. :grumble: Ugh. Any tips on picking out good apples. Its not like the store would let me take a bit out of one till i find one i like. :laugh:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Boy DO I!
    One of these things that Momma did not teach us until later.
    When you are at the store. You are RIGHT, you can not take a bite out of the apple, But you CAN press your thumb against the skin. If it makes a small indent. This is NOT a good apple.
    Also: Look at the bottom, If the bottom stem is open. Put it back and get another apple. If it is tight or closed that is a good apple.
    If the stem is on it and tight to the apple. Meaning that you can pick it up by the steam, then unless it is bruised it is a good apple.
    I want my apple juicy, not what I call Meally. I want to think WOW this is as close to Apple Juice as you can get without making it juice!
    Now if you DO get a bad apple for RAW eating, Simply cook it in the microwave with your oatmeal.
    Add Cin, and you will be all good to go.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options

I snack on a banana during the day. I find it fills me up more than anything else. :)
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Boy DO I!
    One of these things that Momma did not teach us until later.
    When you are at the store. You are RIGHT, you can not take a bite out of the apple, But you CAN press your thumb against the skin. If it makes a small indent. This is NOT a good apple.
    Also: Look at the bottom, If the bottom stem is open. Put it back and get another apple. If it is tight or closed that is a good apple.
    If the stem is on it and tight to the apple. Meaning that you can pick it up by the steam, then unless it is bruised it is a good apple.
    I want my apple juicy, not what I call Meally. I want to think WOW this is as close to Apple Juice as you can get without making it juice!
    Now if you DO get a bad apple for RAW eating, Simply cook it in the microwave with your oatmeal.
    Add Cin, and you will be all good to go.

THank you so much Im going to copy and paste this to a word doc. and take it with me. I will check these things off the next time. Thanks again. :drinker:
  • no8regrets
    Options
    triscuits and laughing cow cheese
    microwave kettle corn
    cheerios
    cottage cheese and fruit
    baked tortilla chips and homemade salsa
    peanut butter and apples/celery/bananas

i think you get the idea...
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Triscuits with laughing cow cheese and a hot pepper on top!
    Also PICKLES! I love them too! Fruit are always low cal... though I prefer veggies to fruit. I make popcorn with kinda a Cajun spice on them with no butter. Maybe a little little bit of olive oil.
  • Coach2010
    Options
    Thanks All! This list is great for a guy that spends an inordinate amount of time sitting and typing at work.

I appreciate all of the input that I'll make my new "Desk Sitting" shopping list from.

:drinker:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    100 calorie snack packs