how do you know how much weight you've lost ?

Options
2»

Replies

• debswebby
    debswebby Posts: 326
    Options
    I only weigh myself every Friday morning. Same routine every week. My scales are put away in the box and stowed under the table for the rest of the week so I won't be tempted. I've always been told (and I've been doing this for 36 years on and off) that you only get a true record like that. Weight fluctuates so much through the week. Its not worth torturing yourself with it. xx
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm a firm believer in once-a-week. I weigh i on Friday mornings. That way if I go a little over budget over the weekend, I have four full days to make up for it.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd record them. I generally only weigh in on a Thursday or Friday (I live between 2 counties) so it depends on where I am - I only go with one set of scales I used from the start of this! I also only weigh in if I feel 'thin' if that makes sense!? I don't bother if it's TOM or I'm particularly bloated for any reason. If there's been a dramatic or unepxected loss I'll keep an eye the next week and there's normally no increase on the lower weight recorded.

If the pounds aren't there, they're not there! I know how hard you work too. xxx
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    and I've been doing this for 36 years on and off

So you've been dieting on and off since you were 5???!!
  • KaySera
    KaySera Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every morning and even often more than once a day. I threw out my bathroom scales YEARS ago...and relied more on how my clothes felt on me. If the trousers were getting a little "neat", I'd give up the fattening stuff until the trousers were more comfortable. I also found that what the scales showed influenced my mood for the rest of the day!

Gave up smoking and put the weight on......

Now I weigh myself at the pharmacist once month and record that. (I figure that their scales must be more accurate than my own as they are probably calibrated regularly.)

It works for me.....!!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I weight once a week at my consultation. I wear the same outfit to work as well.

I don't own scales, won't until I finish JC because the temptation is too great.
  • Shishkeberry
    Shishkeberry Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I weigh and record everyday. Even the gains. I'm ok with it.