HRMs

Options
Hi all

After a bit of advice. I want to be able to accurately record the calories burnt when doing workouts, so am looking for an HRM.

I cycle and go to the gym. When I cycle I track myself using Endomondo on my Android smartphone (HTC Desire S) which records speed v elevation via GPS. In the gym I will be using Nike+ on my iPod as we've just had new machines installed with have iPod integration for that purpose.

I would like an HRM but not sure what integrates with what, or whether I would have to get a watch with it. It would be good if it would integrate with Nike+ especially.

Any advice gratefully received. I'm in the UK - not sure if that makes a difference to the advice!

Cheers,
Fran

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I want to say that there are some Polars that integrate with Nike +.. what ones do, I'm not sure but you'll have to look them up.

Most people in UK by there HRM's off of Amazon it seems... Amazon really does have the best deal on them.

Polar is the most recommended brand.. either the FT4 or the FT7.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I've looked on Amazon for HRMs but while everyone cracks on about the Polar FT4 or the FT7, I'd like one that can be used on my bike and maybe also track speed and distance covered. Or am I asking for too much? :laugh:

I've seen some Garmin HRM watches on Amazon but they look huge and are also double the price of Polars so if there is anybody in the UK in the know out there, it'd be great to have some advice :wink:
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I've looked on Amazon for HRMs but while everyone cracks on about the Polar FT4 or the FT7, I'd like one that can be used on my bike and maybe also track speed and distance covered. Or am I asking for too much? :laugh:

I've seen some Garmin HRM watches on Amazon but they look huge and are also double the price of Polars so if there is anybody in the UK in the know out there, it'd be great to have some advice :wink:

If you want one that tracks distance, you need a GPS..and that would be the Polar FT60.

I know they make Polars specifically for cycling.. but they are a bit pricey. Try looking at the Polar CX series.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

If you want one that tracks distance, you need a GPS..and that would be the Polar FT60.

I know they make Polars specifically for cycling.. but they are a bit pricey. Try looking at the Polar CX series.
    Thanks for the tip. I went straight to Amazon to look and they have so much in stock, but without any details.

I then found a link to http://polar.fitnessmegastore.co.uk/

Here they have the full Polar range including watches for cycling. I think the CS300 CAD Cycling Heart Rate Monitor sounds like a good mid-range product and might invest in it or put it on Santa's list :happy: