Just keeping it off

Hi all,

A few years ago I was around 220lbs, and at 5ft 6ish, seriously over weight, I began my journey and currentyl sit around 165lbs, althought I float between 161 & 168lbs constantly, I am trying to shed around 11lbs more, but I have kept the bulk off and thats largely down to exercise. I do mainly running and can comfortably run 10k in under 50 minutes. I feel my diet has been a success and hope that I can help others too and help myself lose the last few pounds once and for all.

Good luck to everyone, losing weigth can be fun x

Replies

• rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    That's awesome ! I have keep my weight off for 10 months and vary about 5 - 7 lbs...I would still like to lose another 10 lbs. Biking is my passion ! I'm looking to complete a century ride this fall. Thanks for posting !
  • Good luck with that, its good to have goals to aim for, I have run a couple of races and I referee which gives me focus.

Good lcuk with the last few pounds, always the hardest part.
  • cookie241
    cookie241 Posts: 147 Member
    Your post sounds so similar to me. (except I'm female)I started out at 215 and am 5"6 I am currently fluctuating between 159 and 165 I would love to get to 140 but am not sure I will get there. I also run but my fastest 10 k was 64 mins so not as good as you. My problem area now seems to be my belly that is weigh I am holding the last stubborn 20 lb after three babies though I suppose it's not surprising I have done the 30 ds and plan on trying it again in sept to see if that helps.
  • Well done, and 64 minutes is a good time, I do a lot of runnig as I need it for the football I referee etc. Yes, I still have a little belly to, I think sit ups and if you go to the gym at all they have sit up benches help a lot. Still you achieved a lot, and a nice difference in your pics there. Keep going