Exercise Calories

Options
Hi Peeps

Well I train quite alot so most days i burn quite a bit from training and usually have a decent amount of extra cals but im scared to eat these as i want to lose weight. So i try to eat the same but i always end up feeling starving!!
Do I eat more and feel happier when I go bed with no hunger or do I continue so that my exercise pays off??

help

xx

Replies

• FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry then eat god damn it!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    You need to eat at least some of them. And if you're hungry that's a sure sign that you're not eating enough of your exercise calories. You'll also feel more and more tired, if you don't fuel your exercise programme sufficiently.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should eat some of them. You shouldn't be feeling hungry. You may overeat if this continues.
  • LushLoni
    LushLoni Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Plan to eat between a third to half of your exercise calories, you don't have to eat if you are not hungry, but it sounds as though you are!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    MFP is designed so you eat them- the deficit needed for loss is already figured into your daily goal (note that NET equation on your homepage). If you aren't comfy eating them all, that's fine because many people find that MFP estimates run a bit high, but I would say eat over half of them.
  • Nooda007
    Nooda007 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Oh Phew I dont feel so guilty now wanting to eat - Should I include my recovery protein shake too to my cals?
    I lift really heavy twice a week and do body weight circuits 3 times a week my body needs it so bad but not sure if i should count it

MFP isnt very kind on the strngth work out cals!!

Nooda
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I think that the shake does need to be added. It contains calories, right? I usually enter my strength workout calories in the cardio section. You can get a calorie count that way.