Looking for friends to motivate me!!!! Pleeaaassssseeeee

Options
Hi All,

I have been using the iPod/ android apps for a while.... and never realised the actual web site existed.... duh! :embarassed:

I've used MFP in the past, but slipped... and put on 2.5 stone :sad: - which I am now on a mission to loose!!!! I tend to only calorie count on my own (have never joined a slimming class) but some online friends to motivate me would be a big help.... so feel free to give me a shout :wink:

I've lost 8lb so far - I started my "mission" on the 8th August so am happy with my progress in just over two weeks.

I have also booked an induction for my local gym (something I have never done before) as my aerobic and cadiovascular capacitiy (or lack of) is shocking! Hoping that will help me reach my goal... that and the fact I just have far too many clothes (esp dresses and jeans) which are going to waste!!! :sad:

Replies

• emmieb10
    emmieb10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Good luck to you - I know it's tough getting into a routine that you can stick with; I'm struggling with the very same thing. I really like being on here - my sister is on here, too - so we motivate each other daily through friendly verbal abuse. :smile:

I really like looking at what other people are doing for exercise and what they're eating and I'm more than willing to share my food and exercise diaries - so add me as a friend!

Good luck and YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!
  • mleb2005
    mleb2005 Posts: 45
    Options
    Count me in!
  • Bubdog1
    Bubdog1 Posts: 72
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, and so glad you are back into the swing of things. You can do this!!!
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Hooray for you for joining a gym. I am 63 and it is amazing --even at my age-- how rapidly my body responds to exercise! Two years ago I was in a wheel chair and unable to walk. Now I can do two miles on the treadmill. I just set a tiny little goal of 5 minutes, and then 7 minutes, and then 10 minutes. You can do it and it will make a wonderful difference in how you feel --and how your jeans fit. I have greatly improved my fitness level, my endurance and my overall strength with little goals that kept me moving forward. Good luck!
  • fish119
    fish119 Posts: 67
    Options
    In the past it seems as though I would lose 10 and gain 15. I understand the struggle! I'm not brave enough to hit the gym yet, I applaud you for that! I find the blogs inspiring as well as the MFP members words of encouragement, feel free to add me! You're doing great!
  • kaimi2011
    kaimi2011 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    welcome, feel free to add me. :)
  • sligman
    sligman Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi yeah I just joined and Im looking for friends on here to motivate me also so we can motivate each other atleast ur doing better then me lol
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Wasting clothes? That's no good.
    Nice motivation though.

I'm working on the fitness part too - without the gym. Gym equipment scares me.

Congrats on the 8 pounds! :flowerforyou:
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Feel free to add me, i'm always looking for more motivation and new friends :smile:
  • MegSkaPants
    Options
    welcome back i only joined a month ago an looking for new friends also. Feel free to add me ! :)
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    You will back in those clothes in no time!
  • shazzamax11
    Options
    Hi ya,
    I'm quite new to the site, this is my second week and I'm loving it. I've made lots of new friends.
    Feel free to add me

Shaz
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You will back in those clothes in no time!

@Amy, What a loss!! I believe that's the most I've seen on here. Congratulations to you !! Well done!!
  • missiG11
    missiG11 Posts: 18
    Options
    Happy to be your slimming buddy hun, feel free to add me :)
  • nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I also started MFP and stopped and now I am back and trying my best to keep tracking. I don't very many friends here either, so feel free to add me. Good luck!
  • soguesswhat
    soguesswhat Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your new attempt! You can add me if you like. I can always use some more support, too. It may be a long journey, but it's easier with friends. :) Good luck!
  • lynheff
    Options
    You might feel more confident in a women's only gym? I use one because the equipment is smaller and I am 5'1. I did belong to a mixed gym several years ago and found the guys to be just as helpful and encouraging. The good news is that no one really knows that you only spent 5 minutes on the treadmill that first day or that you only lifted 5 pounds. You will get stronger, fitter and burn some awesome calories. Good luck!!
  • lynheff
    Options
    You can add me to your list too. 8 pounds may not seem like much when you are looking at 75 pounds but it is an awesome beginning. I like to think of it as more than 10% of the journey. Good luck !
  • bbuckeye2724
    Options
    You can add me. This is easier when you have people you can go to for support. Goodness knows I need it most days! You can do this!