New and looking for motivation

Options
Hi i am new to this, started using it a few weeks ago lasted a week then went a week without posting. I would love some friends to hold me accountable and kick my butt if i loss track again.

I have moved from New Zealand to Denmark and am finding it a lot harder to find the motivation to exercise and be healthy here. In NZ i had a gym membership and a personal trainer to keep me going but they are things i can not afford here and doing it on my own is not working.

Any advice would be helpful!

Replies

• almille
    almille Posts: 89
    Options
    Its rough keeping good habits when you move to a new place and are feeling stressed. Do you have family or friends with you for support?

I'm living in a new city away from my community for six months for an internship, and this place makes me awfully depressed. Last year when I did this I gained nearly 20 pounds!

This year I'm determined to use the solitude for self-development instead of sulking and eating comfort food.
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    It's about eating healthy whole foods in the right Portion. Buy a food scale and measure everything until you are familiar with true portion size. Welcome and good luck.
  • pazzescauna1
    pazzescauna1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! This is a great website with very supportive people!! My best advice, especially as a member on this site: UTILIZE IT!! Take advantage of the calorie counter, food database, comments, questions, and concerns on posts!! Everyone wants to see you succeed. Best of luck to you!!