Cauliflower - Easy, Tasty & Filling

Options
Sweet_Pandora
Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
I had this for dinner last night and it was so delicious I thought that I would share it here.

Head Cauliflower
Pint of Cherry Tomatoes cut in half
2 Cloves of Garlic
1 Tbspn Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tbspn Parmesan Cheese
4 leaves of fresh basil

Cut cauliflower into bite size pieces and steam
Saute garlic in olive oil and add cherry tomatoes once garlic aroma fills the air and garlic is golden brown
Cook tomatoes until soft
Mix cauliflower and tomatoes and garnish with chopped fresh basil and permisan cheese and fresh ground pepper to taste and serve.

I served this as a side with grilled lean hamburger patty (no bun). Nice way to enjoy the bounty of the season.

I don't have the calorie info as I entered each ingredient into my dinner menu separately.

Hope you enjoy as much as my family did.

K

Replies

• morenita71
    morenita71 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i do something similar with broccolli and eat it was pasta! lovely! (I also add some red chilli)
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I have a big container of cooked cauliflower in my fridge right now, will try this tonight with my garden grown tomatos! YUM! THanks!
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I was watching Dr Oz yesterday (it was a repeat of an older episode). They had three women on there that had all lost over 100 pounds. One of them makes a pizza with cauliflower used in the crust. Everyone that tried it liked it, so I might have to find that recipe and give it a shot!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I LOVE cauliflower. This sounds yummmmy!
  • onefuzzy
    onefuzzy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That sounds yummy! I have some cauliflower in my fridge I am going to give that a try!
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I was watching Dr Oz yesterday (it was a repeat of an older episode). They had three women on there that had all lost over 100 pounds. One of them makes a pizza with cauliflower used in the crust. Everyone that tried it liked it, so I might have to find that recipe and give it a shot!

Search the MFP database - the cauliflower pizza crust recipe is all over... and there are a couple of variations. I bought some frozen cauliflower to try this with but I haven't yet done it!
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    BUMP - sounds good!
  • liveyourlifex
    liveyourlifex Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have a big container of cooked cauliflower in my fridge right now, will try this tonight with my garden grown tomatos! YUM! THanks!

why is your picture for your badge french fries! i was scrolling down the page and your picture made me stop and stare at those yummy things! haha :p