What's wrong with me?!

Options
So, I have been at this diet thing for about 6 months now. I have lost a total of 55 pounds and went down 4 sizes. Up until about 6 weeks ago, I had been doing so awesome. I was walking 3 miles a day, loving to exercise and totally loving feeling fit. But now, for some reason I have just lost my discipline. I can't make myself be "good" anymore.:noway: I have gained back about 3 pounds and it really depresses me. :cry: My exercise of choice is walking, i LOVE it! But now with it being winter, its always to cold to walk. I can't afford to join a gym and I have a treadmill but its broken :sad: ...how can I make myself get back at it and what kind of exercise can I do that may be similar to walking? I am really disappointed in myself right now I just want to get straightened out and loose this last 25 pounds!

Replies

• mommyagain
    Options
    So, I have been at this diet thing for about 6 months now. I have lost a total of 55 pounds and went down 4 sizes. Up until about 6 weeks ago, I had been doing so awesome. I was walking 3 miles a day, loving to exercise and totally loving feeling fit. But now, for some reason I have just lost my discipline. I can't make myself be "good" anymore.:noway: I have gained back about 3 pounds and it really depresses me. :cry: My exercise of choice is walking, i LOVE it! But now with it being winter, its always to cold to walk. I can't afford to join a gym and I have a treadmill but its broken :sad: ...how can I make myself get back at it and what kind of exercise can I do that may be similar to walking? I am really disappointed in myself right now I just want to get straightened out and loose this last 25 pounds!
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    maybe you can walk indoors like at the mall...there's plenty of room and if you go in the morning you don't usually have to worry about a huge crowd...There might be a flock of seniors there but hey! some of them can moveit moveit!...Some of them have been doing it for so long that they actually inspire me to move a little faster...btw you've done awesome with your weight loss...don't let 3 pounds discourage you...you lost the weigh which shows that you can make progress and reach your goal...ttyl!
  • tech_sarah
    Options
    You could buy a Walking DVD...Ive heard people talk about them before, I guess theyre pretty nice.
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    i have a DVD. walk away the pounds. me and my friend do it for fun. it actually really can be and at teh same time your burning calories :) whats not to love
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Also, try a jogging trampoline. They're very easy on the joints and you can kill time in front of the tv with it.

Good luck! :smile:
  • sexsymbolhughes
    Options
    u should go to buildings that have a lot of stories in them and juss walk up and down stairs for an hour that will really define ur legs
  • sexsymbolhughes
    Options
    i did that for 3 weeks and dropped 50 lbs
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    I think really any exercise videos are a good option.

You can rent them at the library or netflix them. That way it keeps it cheap (or free) and helps you mix them up when you want a change.

There are lots of options - walking, dancing, pilates, yoga, step, tae bo, etc.

Find what works for you. Personally, I love the dancing videos. I'm not going to lie... sweating to the oldies might still be a favorite, lol.

Good luck.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    A lot of it is the time of year. I slipped a bit too. I prefer the outdoors to the gym. I belong to a gym, but honestly I can't stand going. Bring on SPRING! Do what you can. Get outside and bundle up when the weather allows it. I live in Alabama so many of our winter days are mild. I walk every day that weather allows me to and the other days I resort to the stinky old gym!
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Since you like walking I would recommend some workouts by leslie sansone,walk away the lbs and so on. I hear that one of her workouts(or several) have you walking 4miles! Thats pretty darn good:wink:

Have your tried step aerobics? Or kickboxing?

Three lbs can be gone real quick(specially if its water:wink:) so don't worry about it!

Its hard this time of year...something about the holidays.

ETA-I forgot to tell you that you can buy Leslie's workouts at walmart!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way, it's just too cold and messy half the time to walk outside now a days, and I can't afford to go to a gym either. So the other thing that I do, that doesn't depend on the weather at all, (and is downright fun!) is to dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made for me of all my favorite old songs, such as Footloose, Love Shack, Wild, Wild West, etc. It's fun, and never boring, because I also watch tv at the same time too! :smile:
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    If you have Planet Fitness near you, you can often get a membership for only $10/mo. To stay sane and motivated at the gym, I exercise to the beat with podcasts like Podrunner or Jogtunes, and I have all of my music on my iPod arranged by BPM.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    $15 at Walmart.....4 fast miles with intervals...whooop! Lovin it!!
    (leslie sansone-she has other walk vids too!)
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Tell you what's wrong. You're beating yourself up for the 3 pounds and the plateau. Heck with it! Cheer up, 3 pounds won't stay in your way! They might just as good be all watter weight! Don't let them fool you :wink: .

As hard as it is to self motivate, exercising at home is for free. Just make sure you settle a time for it and do it then as if otherwise you'd miss the train (or plane, or whatever :laugh: ). Do it daily, regularly.

Crunches (hateful bits of exercising :grumble: ) don't even need tools. Leg raising and stuff - there are plenty of suggestions online. I also like the idea of dancing on your fave music. Let the beat get your blood moving, baby! :happy: Fill two 16oz bottles with watter or sand and you've got hand weights also!

Picture yourself two weeks from now as sparkling and slim. Don't let even for a second a thought of fear sneak in your mind. You've come a long way, that's brilliant! Don't put too much pressure on yourself, the season is stressful enough. So, deal? :wink:
  • andrella12
    andrella12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if there is a Ross store in your area. They have a lot of different work out DVD's for 4.99 and up!!
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    shot of whiskey + extra walking to compensate

Problem solved! :tongue:

In all seriousness, I know where you're coming from. I'm having a harder time motivating myself to get to the gym, because the walk over is so cold.
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Winter is a great time to do one of the best workouts for burning calories and toning your legs:

Climbing stairs! At home, at work - wherever you can.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Bundle it up and face the cold you will condition your bodsy better