Exercise = No weight loss! What gives!?!

Options
2»

Replies

• Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Eat more.

www.shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Have you ever thought about trying Scientology?
    Is that a workout program or a meal plan? Or is it injections? I'm so confused. :tongue:

i thought it was a religion! ;) lol

So you just pray to lose?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ek724q
    ek724q Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    That actually is I think they are talking about SHAKEOLOGY! that is a Beachbody product, it is like a protein shake.
  • shashaz2002
    Options
    So when I was just dieting I lost 10lbs without exercising.
    Well, I thought wow if I am losing this much by just dieting I bet with exercise I will really start to drop the weight. I started hitting the gym, doing cardio, videos, and walking outside more. And I have not lost anything... in fact I am gaining!!!

I'm still staying around 1200 cal/day and drinking my water.

Why am I gaining!?

Sooo frustrated!

I dropped 80 pounds without any form of exercise, and now that I have been exercising 5 days a week, I have gained 5 pounds but my clothes aren't fitting any tighter so I am assuming (secretely hoping) that I am replacing/burning fat and gaining/building muscle.

I would also try bumping up your calories a few days a week ? I know that when I lost my weight, I didn't eat "x" amount of calories every day, I had days where I ate only 1200 and then days I would eat more.
  • shashaz2002
    Options
    Is that a workout program or a meal plan? Or is it injections? I'm so confused. :tongue:

So you just pray to lose?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

HAHA, I wish it was just that easy :laugh:
  • jbdowns35
    jbdowns35 Posts: 352
    Options
    i recently was going through the same thing!! i was working so hard and scale was not moving at all. i do a lot of weight training so i realized that i was gaining muscle. i imagine that is what is going on with you as well. i had to learn to be patient. i love the way my arms and legs look now that i am gaining muscle. you don't want to just lose and not tone because then you look flabby. you want to tone so when you lose you will look and be lean. i have been at this for two months now and only have lost 4 pounds, BUT my body fat has gone down 10% :-) i used to be so dependent on the scale(i would weigh every morning) but now i will weigh only once every two weeks. do not obsess over the scale, just look at "the total package". i know it is hard not to get on the scale but i had to tell myself over and over again that i am toning
    hope this helps!! whatever you do, stay motivated and DON'T GIVE UP
    You are right. At one point in my life I weighed 7 pounds more than I do now & I was smokin hot! Toned & rockin a bikini! I was doing alot of weight training & weighed 145 with 17%BF. Now, I weigh 138 with 24%BF, & I wouldn't put on a bikini if someone paid me!! Trying to get back to a toned body now. Throw away the scale & take measurements, measure your body fat.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

LMAO! Me to!!
  • lauralou23
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!! What I'm hearing is that I should eat more of my exercise calories, keep going, not to focus on the scale...

And measure my body fat %, I know when I had a personal trainer (years ago) I think he did that with a little thing I held out in front of me?

I've never seen anyone at my new gym with that, is there another way to measure my body fat %?
  • lauralou23
    Options
    Have your % Body fat measured and take it again in 4 weeks. I bet you are building muscle, which weighs more than fat. I also bet your clothes fit differently. Keep up the good work!

How do I measure my % Body fat?