when you know you will have a bad week....

Options
Hey everyone! This coming week I have a party with some girlfriends from work and then I am going to the beach for my best friend's birthday for 5 days. Although I am determined to be as good as possible, I know I will probably not be doing a ton of exercising and will definitely not be eating as healthy as I usually do. I normally weigh myself once a week, but I am wondering if it is worth weighing myself at the end of next week since it is extremely unlikely that I will see a loss.

I know that part of life is having events where you just won't be at your healthiest food wise, they don't happen very often for me but it makes me super nervous. Do you guys have any tips/tricks for things you do when you know everyone around you will not be on a diet? I am already planning on waking up in the mornings when at the beach and going for a walk/jog, but other than that any recommendations? I am trying not to stress too much but when I still have so far to go until I get to goal any setback makes me anxious lol thanks everyone!

Replies

• Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Relax and know that as long as its one week in fifty two and the exception, not the rule you will still be making progress. Dont let it stress you out or enjoy it any less!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Relax and have fun! I went on vacation overseas for 10 days with no internet (meaning no MFP). I came back exactly one pound heavier- not a big deal.
  • jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Beach run! Running in sand will burns lots of calories.
  • chridow
    chridow Posts: 178
    Options
    i usually give myself a 2 week "recovery period" after a week of vacation/partying/conferences. during that time i don't measure anything, nor do i weigh myself. this gives me enough time to get back track without getting bummed out by the scale. just try to eat as well as possible and HAVE FUN!