Do you see yourself doing this forever???

Options

Replies

• chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    This tool makes things so easy so if it is what I need to do, then I could easily do this forever!
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I hope to stick to this for the long haul. I find that when I stray from tracking I tend to gain here and there. So hopefully this will keep me enthralled. I also think that after a while we see food and see numbers so perhaps after sticking to it for so long we won't stress about missing a day or so. I have to say though that all the motivation I get here I don't get anywhere else and that is what keeps me coming back.
  • h82bfat
    h82bfat Posts: 77
    Options
    Although I am still new here, MFP has been a great aid in showing me what I was eating. I know I'll be around for at least the next year until I reach a healthy BMI. Although I try and eat healthy foods, it is still very much a moment by moment type of approach (I've not thought about what I'm going to eat for lunch in an hour).

However, weight is one piece of fitness. Ideally I'd like a two-week rotation of meals that I know are balanced. Quantities would be pre-determined and I'd know that I'm getting all the trace elements my body needs. If I was able to count calories on the front end, I'd likely not need to log them as I am eating.

However, I'll never go back to blissfully munching away in ignorance.
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    MFP is a part of me, I have only been here 6 or 7 weeks, but I love it so much, and I have met so many awesome people here that are just like me, they understand when I have a bad day, and they are so encouraging. Everytime I lose even a half of a pound they say great job, that helps so much. YES I will be here as long as MFP is here, and if it ever goes away, I will find a place just like it. Thanks for asking :)
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Logging my food is just part of the "Lifestyle Change" that I made. It drives me crazy if I can't / won't / don't log my food for even an afternoon or evening due to a special occasion. I have lost all the weight I want to & am currently on Maintenance. If I ever quit logging my food, I will be back to Square 1.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Pretty close. My plan is to get to where I want to be, and then keep logging in every day until I've been able to maintain for 4 months. Then, I'll play it by ear. I'm pretty addicted right now, so the thought of not logging in seems mind boggling. But, we'll see.

Glad to see other people feel hooked, too. My husband thinks I'm nuts!
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    This is all new to me and I am making this my way of life to eat healthy and work out dailey. I am here to help make a difference in my life. This is not a diet or fade or a check list just to say I did this in my life. This is something you have to make a choice to want to do this for yourself. To be accountable to your self and a friend or being on MFP. If you want to change you will or not.

Robert
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I doubt it. I'm sure it will get old eventually, but I really don't know how long it will take.
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Since I regained 80+ lbs by NOT tracking and not being mindful of my eating, I won't make the same mistake twice. I have MFP on my phone, so I will always/very often use the MFP phone app (or whatever is available) for logging my intake. Just like many recovered alcoholics make AA a part of their recovery for life, I need to do the same sort of thing for this food business that is obviously something I can not manage fully on my own.

Now I may not be on the website as often once I reach goal. Right now I am using it as the support systemI don't have in real life, and to keep me busy as well as mindful of the goal at hand.
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about this the other day, honestly I think I will be here forever!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say. I'm a fan of the specified forum as a means of support... and fitness is a big part of my life now, so I don't see why I would stop using MFP for all of my health needs. But, who knows ... I may get to maintenance and find another way to stay on track. Hopefully I've built enough friendships here to stay by that point, though.
  • LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Logging my food is just part of the "Lifestyle Change" that I made. It drives me crazy if I can't / won't / don't log my food for even an afternoon or evening due to a special occasion. I have lost all the weight I want to & am currently on Maintenance. If I ever quit logging my food, I will be back to Square 1.

Interesting most people seem to see MFP as a long term lifestyle change. I totally agree with this post and am glad to see I'm not the only one like this I happy to be addicted to MFP and no my junk food anymore ha ha!!! Thanks guys
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    As long as MFP is free and easy, I'll continue to use it.
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Yes, I can see myself staying on MFP for a long time . I have to be accountable to something or someone. I have reached my goal, just went on maintenance this week. But I know if I don't keep logging I will gain it back. I've never kept it off but I think I will this time. And of course I couldn't leave my friends that I've made in the last 7 months. They are part of the reason I'm still here. Their support and cheerleading me on is how I got to this point... I think my family gets a kick out of me logging when we're out and I've just ate. I keep hoping it will encourage some of them. I can't say enough good things about MFP for the work they do to keep this site going. What a blessing they are to sooo many people!!!
  • yoghurtand
    yoghurtand Posts: 119
    Options
    I don't think so. I use MFP only to keep track day-to-day while I'm actively trying to lose weight. Otherwise, I'm well able to calculate and keep track of the calories in things by myself. I wouldn't like to be logging calories every day for the rest of ever. Hopefully one day I'll never count another calorie again. If I ever 'fall off the wagon' so to speak while maintaining, I'll come back, like I have every other time.
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I sincerely believe that I will be here as long as MFP IS AROUND ... I would never have lost this weight without the support of all my friends ... Keeping a food and exercise diary is an essential part of this weight loss journey !!! I had always read that keeping a journal and counting calories is THE WAY to lose it and keep the weight off ... Now I know it's a Proven fact ... I am the proof !!! Best of luck with your weight loss journey ... Stick to what works...MFP !!!
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I have found myself nodding along to so many of the replies to this! I have also lost weight before only to gain it back. I think I gt lay, slowly but surely. I also think not logging gradually leads to me lying to myself about how much I am actually eating. I am only just starting to seriously think about maintenance, and for me being on here will definitely be part of maintaining for the forseeable reasons because I am absolutely committed to NOT gaining the weight back this time.

For me, I always log ven days I choose to cheat, because I find actually putting the numbers in really makes me think about just how hard I have to work in exercise, or undereat on subsequent days just for one 'cheat' - its almost never worth it!!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I could be wrong (probably am...), but my hope is that, over time, the exercise and proper eating will become ingrained into my life and I will take them on as habits and it will just come naturally to me.
  • smallerthighs
    Options
    I definitely see myself logging into mfp, and tracking my daily habits..for as long as mfp is up and running. This site has been absolutely amazing..and the people on here are so supportive. I wish I had know about this site years ago...but like the saying goes...when you are ready to change....truly ready.....only then will you give it your all. I guess before, I just wasn't ready enough........but now, more than ever..I am doijg this..and feeling positive and motivated.
  • alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering about this lately too. I feel like I have been getting really good about making better choices for my meals, and I definitley have a routine now. But right now, I'm afraid that if I stop logging I will gain it back, which I'm pretty sure would happen because even now if I have a day that I don't log, I always eat more than the days that I do log.

But I can't exactly imagine myself doing this the rest of my life, in fact it kind of depresses me to think that. Then on the other hand, I am starting to realize that to be healthy, counting calories will probably need to be a part of my life, whether it's on this site or some other way.

For now, I'm taking it one day at a time, and I do plan on being here for at least a year, and then take it from there.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!