My Damn wife..

Options
Ever have a spouse that is not supportive at all, that seems to not even care about trying to eat right?

well, I have experienced that in the past with other people too, but I just want to say how simply amazing it is to have a wife that loves me, supports me and is a diet and exercise MACHINE.

she is up and on the way to the gym at 4:30am every day, she makes eating right easy (and fun) pats me on the back on good days, and encourages me on the bad days. I just wanted to share how happy I am to share my life with someone so amazing. I do hope that I give her the support and encouragement she needs to, and that she feels the joy and Love that I feel for her.

we can all be positive influences to others, and perhaps share what we have learned. I have shared my experiences when people ask, but try to not become a one dimensional person that ONLY talks about diet/exercise non-stop. If I know someone is fighting the same battles that I have, I try to support and encourage (but not give excuses). I know some people just do not want to hear it, but loosing (or gaining) weight is very simple.. eat sensible meals, avoid junk, avoid calorie containing beverages, track your calories, and get your butt off the couch and get in gear. simple steps anyone can follow, but some are just not ready to hear it will take some work at this point in their lives.

anyway. dont want to be preachy, just wanted to express my deep respect and love for my wife.
Mike

Replies

• p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I love this post, you BOTH are blessed to have eachother!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    love it!! you're a lucky man!
  • SeeMeShrinkDown
    Options
    :heart:
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Awwwww! Sweet.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Ever have a spouse that is not supportive at all, that seems to not even care about trying to eat right?

well, I have experienced that in the past with other people too, but I just want to say how simply amazing it is to have a wife that loves me, supports me and is a diet and exercise MACHINE.

she is up and on the way to the gym at 4:30am every day, she makes eating right easy (and fun) pats me on the back on good days, and encourages me on the bad days. I just wanted to share how happy I am to share my life with someone so amazing. I do hope that I give her the support and encouragement she needs to, and that she feels the joy and Love that I feel for her.

we can all be positive influences to others, and perhaps share what we have learned. I have shared my experiences when people ask, but try to not become a one dimensional person that ONLY talks about diet/exercise non-stop. If I know someone is fighting the same battles that I have, I try to support and encourage (but not give excuses). I know some people just do not want to hear it, but loosing (or gaining) weight is very simple.. eat sensible meals, avoid junk, avoid calorie containing beverages, track your calories, and get your butt off the couch and get in gear. simple steps anyone can follow, but some are just not ready to hear it will take some work at this point in their lives.

anyway. dont want to be preachy, just wanted to express my deep respect and love for my wife.
    Mike

You should tell her, not us.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    bump
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I was all ready to be mean to you then - but what a lovely post, it seems like you're lucky to have each other, good for you :-)
  • Brendasor1976
    Options
    Great Post.....so sweet!
  • Amandanoralynn
    Amandanoralynn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    How refreshing to see a a guy who is willing to show appreciation for his wife. I am happy you two can work together to a healthy fit life.
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    AWWW, that is sweet! on that note I head for the gym...
  • Gemini_at_36
    Options
    Oh my God, that is so sweet.......I adore you for being able to write this down and share it with us, please have your wife read it.:flowerforyou:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I think I might have to hurt my husband if we woke up at 4:30am every day.
  • mike_littlerock
    mike_littlerock Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Mackeric,
    I tell her each and every day. :)
  • Magic_Girl
    Magic_Girl Posts: 158
    Options
    Awwwww, my boyfriend and I support each other! I love that I have him! :heart:
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    :love: LOVE LOVE LOVE this post. I am so happy for you and your wife that you have each other and are such a wonderful support team.
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    aaah, bless!

Warm and Fuzzy for a Friday :heart:
  • StellaBby10
    Options

Mike

You should tell her, not us.

Just because he told us doesn't mean he doesn't tell her too.... from the sound of it, he probably tells her everyday!!! It's great to see a couple working so well together!! Wish the both of you the best!!! (=
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    It's great. When I first started this whole thing my wife had just given birth to our second. Naturally she was a little jealous of my losses. Before long she was right there with me though and together we've lost 98lbs or so.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    this is beautiful! i loveee supportive couples! my boyfriend is the same way, he makes my exercise plans for me, and i make the healthy meals
  • nadiaez
    nadiaez Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    What a lovely post....it really is so important to support each other, that's why I count myself so lucky!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!