This is Absolutely SICK..!!

Options

Replies

• hollagolla
    Options
    nowt wrong with being happy with yourself, but she is putting her life in massive danger and thats the massive problem, excuse the pun.
    I would hate it if my mum was so careless with her health
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Those poor kids...
  • blackmamba886
    blackmamba886 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm not a mental health professional and I had the exact same thoughts.
    "I DON'T SEE ANY PSYCHIATRIC PROBLEMS"?!?!?!?!?!?!?! A DOCTOR doesn't see any, but as a mental health professional... I DO!!! Not JUST the goal itself, but the bizarre thought processes she has developed to justify why this is a good idea! WOW
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I can't help but think that she just gave up on trying to lose weight and is hiding behind this "goal". Trying to act like this is something she is really happy about when in fact she probably isn't other than it gives her license to continue eating. Her kids definitely do not look happy about it.

If she is determined to kill herself with food, why not let her kids go ahead and start living with her sister now instead of forcing them to watch her kill herself with food?
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    The same mental issues that play into anorexia are evident here. She needs serious professional help.
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    This quote from her is mind blowing ---

She added: ‘The bigger I get, the better I feel. I feel more confident and sexy. Why shouldn't I push the limits and see how fat I can get and stay healthy?’

Umm... YOU'RE NOT HEALTHY. I don't care what the 'tests' say. How sad and embarrassing for her kids.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Teaching acceptance is a noble purpose, but that is not how one should be doing it, if you ask me...

Seriously, people who make fun of fat people are not going to look at what she's doing and go "wow, I guess we were wrong; we should change our ways and be respectful to others regardless of their size!" She's not showing anyone the light.
  • GreenGettingLean
    GreenGettingLean Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    The pictures of her poor children say it all. I really feel for them. I can't even imagine how awful it must be to watch your mother do this to herself.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

She added: ‘The bigger I get, the better I feel. I feel more confident and sexy. Why shouldn't I push the limits and see how fat I can get and stay healthy?’

Umm... YOU'RE NOT HEALTHY. I don't care what the 'tests' say. How sad and embarrassing for her kids.

You know, that's a very common attitude among people who are even just slightly obese. The whole "fat acceptance" movement.

Now, I don't think it makes someone a bad person or unworthy of love and dignity because that person is overweight. But the idea that it's in any way healthy to be obese is sad to me. They may be perfectly healthy NOW. They may be for years to come. But it will catch up to them eventually.

I know a lot of smokers who are healthy NOW, too.
  • mcneesbit65
    Options
    That is just gross. I can't believe how many calories she consumes in one day. That is way too much food! I feel sorry for her children, they don't look happy at all. I don't see how being that big could make anyone feel better. ):
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    If she doesn't work, how does she fund her eating habits? Hmmm.....
  • jenny138
    jenny138 Posts: 46
    Options

I was gonna put this on here too.... There is nothing sexy about this WHAT SO EVER!! And there is no way that she can feel better the heavier she gets! Our bodies are NOT made to carry this much weight! So her body is going to fight her every single day to not be like this!!!!!
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    And MFP gets on you for eating less than 1200 calories a day...What would they say to her at almost that an hour.
  • kaitoula
    kaitoula Posts: 16
    Options
    A friend posted pictures of this on Facebook yesterday. I was appalled that this woman would do that to her children. Eight hours of shopping the supermarket?? 24,000 calories a day!! It would take me over 20 days to eat what she eats in a single day. How sad for her and her children. She needs immediate psychiatric help. This is a tragic cry for help.
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Just plain wrong.

I do hate the Daily Mail though (just saying!)
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

She's fooling herself into thinking that way so she can hide behind it and not do anything about it! Yes it doesn't directly affect me but still sickening and makes me sad for her children!!
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    The same mental issues that play into anorexia are evident here. She needs serious professional help.

Exactly. This is clearly mental illness and cannot be understood rationally or treated using a rational approach, just like anorexia at the other extreme.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Wait until she has to have a nurse come in and clean between her folds, and drain her bed sores....now whose soooo sexy?
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    all I can say is when she gets too fat to be able to work or take care of herself, she shouldn't be allowed to ask for government assistance or help from anyone else. We have enough drains on society we dont' need people doing it on purpose
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    She is commiting a slow suicide!! SOmebody needs to give here a mental evaluation QUICK!!!!