not adversion, but lack of interest in foods

Options
I do not know if any of you have been experiencing this but, for the last month or so since I came back from visiting the US I have had a lack interest of eating foods. When I came back to the US to eat at some of my favorite foods at places that are not even close to being OK for the diet radar, I ate them with disappointment. The foods were neither as fabulous as I had imagined they would be, nor were they bad. They were blah...whatever...nothing special. Now alot of these foods I havent had in about a year.

I am not sure what is going on here. But I come back overseas where I live, and everything in the fridge doesn't mean much. I am just like, eehhhh, whatever... Ill see what there is to eat. And, for the first time I can remember in my life I don't have the lust over my cakes, cookies, candies, chips. Ill have a few and I am good. But there is no glory in the taste anymore. Im not complaining, this is great. It means I can lose weight easier with out the lusting over foods in the pantry. What I dont understand is why? What triggered it?

The only things I can think of is the disappointment in the food I craved wasn't what it was cracked out to be, and now food is no big deal? The other thing is was there a chemical change in my body? Is it a weight loss thing?

Replies

• Khaluhacat
    Options
    I do not know if any of you have been experiencing this but, for the last month or so since I came back from visiting the US I have had a lack interest of eating foods. When I came back to the US to eat at some of my favorite foods at places that are not even close to being OK for the diet radar, I ate them with disappointment. The foods were neither as fabulous as I had imagined they would be, nor were they bad. They were blah...whatever...nothing special. Now alot of these foods I havent had in about a year.

I am not sure what is going on here. But I come back overseas where I live, and everything in the fridge doesn't mean much. I am just like, eehhhh, whatever... Ill see what there is to eat. And, for the first time I can remember in my life I don't have the lust over my cakes, cookies, candies, chips. Ill have a few and I am good. But there is no glory in the taste anymore. Im not complaining, this is great. It means I can lose weight easier with out the lusting over foods in the pantry. What I dont understand is why? What triggered it?

The only things I can think of is the disappointment in the food I craved wasn't what it was cracked out to be, and now food is no big deal? The other thing is was there a chemical change in my body? Is it a weight loss thing?
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I wish you could bottle that and sell it to me!:laugh: I long for the day when I can pass those Sour Cream & Onions chips!
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Your body is not used to having those foods anymore and no longer wants them. My recommendation -- don't get back into the habit. Take advantage of your unexpected fortune! :laugh:
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    I would think that your taste buds :tongue: have changed as well as your mindset which is a very good thing NO?, yes yes yes please :drinker: I would consider it a good thing AND as cherapple said don't go back to your old habit's :grumble: and start the cycle again.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!"
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I think we all get that way at some point in our lives. There are things I used to love to eat that I no longer like and vice versa. This, more than likely, is just a temporary thing that will subside.

I suggest rolling with it while you can.:bigsmile:
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I go through phases like this where I don't even know what to pack for lunch or what to make for dinner because nothing is appealing. It sucks, but hopefully you'll snag out of it soon - at least for the healthy stuff. :)
  • Khaluhacat
    Options
    I was hoping it would have been permanent LOL!
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way with my Thanksgiving pumpkin cheesecake I had been waiting for ALL year. Once I got a piece it was like "EHH" didn't even care if I ate any more or not. Like cherapple said, your body isn't used to the junk any more and doesn't need or want it, stick with your healthy foods and hopefully yhe next time those "temptations" come your way you'll still feel the same aversion to them. It's worth a try anyway!:bigsmile: