West Memphis 3

Options
So has anyone been following this case? Or has anyone seen the two documentaries?

I just saw some articles online that says these three guys could be freed (today). And all I can say is that it's about time! These poor guys have spent half of their lives in prison for a crime they didn't commit, just because they looked different.

Law enforcement needs to figure out who actually killed those three little boys. :frown:

Replies

• Lsqueezy
    Lsqueezy Posts: 128
    Options
    This is complete craziness! I have seen the documentaries and read the book. It's crazy how that town got so frenzied by just the idea that 'cause they listened to heavy metal music and looked the way they did they were into devil worship! So....I'm assuming you have seen the documentaries and followed the case....who do you suspect really did it?
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I grew up an hour south of where this happened and have believed for years that they are innocent. Everyone has known this but unfortunately, the cops and prosecution wanted an easy out. I hate saying that, especially since my degree is in Criminal Justice and ultimately I want to do dome type of work with law enforcement but the whole investigation was rushed and poorly conducted. There is suffcient evidence, including DNA, that these 3 did not commit the murders thay have been accused of. Not to mention that it has takens years for them to finally be released after the DNA evidence proved their innocence. I will celebrate for them when they are finally released.
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    This is complete craziness! I have seen the documentaries and read the book. It's crazy how that town got so frenzied by just the idea that 'cause they listened to heavy metal music and looked the way they did they were into devil worship! So....I'm assuming you have seen the documentaries and followed the case....who do you suspect really did it?

The victims step-father.
  • Lsqueezy
    Options
    To me, this also showed how flawed our justice system can be. Appeal after appeal filed with the same judge who denied them over and over? The same judge who happened to preside over the case? C'mon....I know I hate admitting when I'm wrong and that seemed to be the case with this stubborn judge!
  • Lsqueezy
    Options

The victims step-father.

Hobbs? Stevie Branch's stepfather? Whose HAIR was found at the scene? Yep, that's the one. Lot's of contradictions in his story.
  • morgan1981
    Options
    It is super sad that these men have spent so much time imprisoned. I hope that they can finally move on with their lives. Also, I hope that real justice can be fulfilled for the little boys who lost their lives.
  • becky_turcotte
    Options
    I am from Memphis, TN! And in the law enforcement field. When I first learned about this case, it made me physically ill that these poor boys were convicted of this crime. It is completely obvious that they are innocent. I hope and pray that they recieve justice for the wrong done to them, and that the person or persons responcible for these deaths are also brought to justice. :frown:
  • Hattie2879
    Hattie2879 Posts: 131
    Options
    Yeah, I think Terry Hobbs had something to do with the murder of those three boys. And I hope that someday, true justice will be served. :angry:

Also, I just saw an article on MSNBC saying that they've been freed.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44199686/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/?GT1=43001
  • becky_turcotte
    Options
    They have been freed. They entered Alford Pleas, which are complicated. But now they can fight from the out side, and the men can be with their familys (I believe they all married in prison). I'm happy and sad at the same time. I don't think the true killers will ever be found and convicted, but then again I didn't think the WM3 would ever be freed.