To the people who have used P90X

Options
2»

Replies

• airycha
    airycha Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It's hard. I couldn't keep up for the longest time. Especially on ab ripper (which I never could). Some of the moves I had to modify at first but it gets better as you go. It takes up kind of a lot of time too if you work a full time job. My husband and I would come home from work, eat dinner, wait about half an hour and then try to start. We were lucky if we finished by 11 pm each night. It didn't help on the days were you need the pull up bar since we only have one.

Unfortunatley I have never been out of the first 30 days. The first time we started I got laid off and we ended up not keeping up with it, and the second time I forget what happened... Oh yeah, we had a crazy busy schedule and we ended up missing so many days we never got back to it.

I would always feel better after doing it (even if I was sore) and I would like to get through it when I get enough time to add it back into my schedule.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I can vouch for NewAustinite above. She looks awesome!

I lost 22 lbs with P90X. I have used a few different beachbody programs. Look at my before and almost-after (where I am now). I was 230 lbs when I started my weight loss journey, and I am now 185. I am 5'11".

P90X is not just about 90 days. It's about changing your life, forever. Sorry if that sounds cliche, but it's true.

Some people do more than 1 round of P90X. I know a guy who did 5 rounds and lost 150 lbs! Anything is possible, if you follow the program and are willing to make the changes in your diet!

So BRING IT! You will not regret it!

Dana

Thanks Miss Dana!!! I haven't told you this but you re-motivated me when I heard your results and saw your transformation!!! I'm in it to win it.
  • AndreSF
    AndreSF Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    IMO P90X can be effective for anyone, but honestly, you would have to modify a lot if you are not in some sort of a shape... I would recommend going through another Beach Body program to get in a relatively decent shape before jumping into P90X full steam.
    Power 90, for example, while it's somewhat dated, the fitness level for entry is relatively low.

Good luck!
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I've done one round of P90x, a doubles hybrid of P90x and Insanity and now I'm doing Asylum with a P90x/Asylum/Insanity hybrid after that planned.

When I started I was nearly 90lbs overweight, couldn't bend to touch my toes, or walk upstairs without getting out of breath. Now ~150 days later I'm fit enough to keep up with Shaun T on Asylum, and I'm not the only one who has had such an improvement.

I've lost about 50lbs, and more than 12" off my belly and another 12" off my hips since I've started, I think I lost over 20lbs the first time round, I'd need to dig out my numbers to be sure.

You have to commit and keep pushing play every day, bringing your best to every workout. It won't feel like you can do this when you start, you'll be stopping, have to modify everything and you will be sore all the time for the first few weeks, but it will get easier if you keep at it. If you stick with it, and the diet is just as important to stick to, it will reward you in spades.
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    in two weeks i will finish my second round. my first round started Jan 1st, start weight was 256. today im 214. what i love about this program is you tone as you go. i have lost close to 40 inches all over my body.

as long as you make time and do the workouts , you will see results.
  • P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    I am OVER WEIGHT. And I LOVE IT. I am on day 19. I do have to modify about 10 % of the workouts, but in 19 days I can physically see the muscle improvement. I highly reccomend it. Feel fee to add me.