Nervous and Excited for Birthday Weekend

Options
My birthday weekend is beginning. I'm going to track what I eat to keep myself honest, but its not going to be pretty. Starting the weekend with a beach picnic at work, dinner at my favorite burger spot tonight, and then dinner and a movie with the wife tomorrow night! Excited, but even going over my calories for a few days doesn't have me too worried.
1. I know I'm going to go less far over than I would in the past
2. I've lost 100 lbs in 3 and a half months, I can let my guard down a tiny bit for two days, right?
3. I'm working on a week to date calorie deficit of 9,000 below maintenance between exercise meeting my targets. I'd have to be extremely, ridiculously bad the next two days to totally blow my week.

Replies

• Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I'd say let your guard down a smigen, but don't over do it, be moderate and you'll be fine, but still enjoy what you want, you deserve a little reward! But remember after that to buckle back down so you stayt on track! Sounds like your doing great!
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    Sounds to me like you have it figured out! Congrats on your huge loss so far and happy birthday!!! By all means enjoy your weekend....every aspect of it.....and not just the food!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Yes you can let your guard down - but not drop it all together.

Eat what you want, but only have half as much as you'd like. Keep exercising.

This is a lifestyle - not a perpetual punishment.

Happy Birthday! :drinker:
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    It's my birthday weekend too! I say enjoy it. The whole point of losing weight and getting healthy is to enjoy more birthdays, right? One weekend is less than 1% of your entire year.

Happy birthday!
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! This is the birthday to celebrate all the birthdays you are now going to have because you have done so well in turning your life around. How awesome is that!? Enjoy, be mindful, and you will do just fine. You've got your plan, program, mindset all figured out. Yay you!!
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Eat what ou want in moderation and it's all in how you go about it - don't make it about the food or reward yourself with it! Be strong and eat well! No need to fall off of the wagon with such great progress!
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    If you're going to a burger joint, lose the bun, cheese and mayo. That will help. Skip the fries too.
    And remember this... Anybody can lose weight. To keep it off, it takes a complete lifestyle change.

Congratulations on your weight loss and good luck to you.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    If you're going to a burger joint, lose the bun, cheese and mayo. That will help. Skip the fries too.
    And remember this... Anybody can lose weight. To keep it off, it takes a complete lifestyle change.

Congratulations on your weight loss and good luck to you.

I think you can eat an occasional burger with the bun, cheese and mayo AND the fries and still be successful at losing weight. It's worked really well for me.

For example, tonight I'm having a 6 oz. burger with swiss cheese and mushrooms on a big bakery-style bun. I'll probably have a dish of cole slaw on the side, too. And perhaps a small dish of ice cream for dessert. I'm able to eat this and stay well within my calorie goals for the day.
  • kallibrae
    kallibrae Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My birthday was yesterday, I still went out for dinner the night before and the day of, went to see a broadway show and kept my calories in check, it can be done!
    Drinks - water.
    Dessert = none.
    Carbs - Low.
    Veggies - High.
    That was my main focus. :) Happy Birthday!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I say let your hair down and eat and drink all you want!! You'll probably lose a couple pounds as your body lets go of the stress of diet and exercise. Not that I guarantee that!!! :laugh: So please, no recourse if you don't :wink:

Just enjoy yourself - Happy Birthday!!! :drinker:

Oh, and WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW to 100lbs in 3 months!!!! That's amazing and worth celebrating all on its own!! :flowerforyou:
  • bdur76
    bdur76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes!

I'm totally down with this being a lifestyle change, but that doesn't mean that with a lifestyle change, that I can't allow myself an occasional indulgence! I will utilize some self control, log what I eat, be accountable for it for the next two days, and then move right along with my weight loss! I don't plan on living the next 60 years without enjoying a cheeseburger, or french fries, or maybe even an occasional steak! Lifestyle change means making the healthy choice 99% of the time, so the other 1% you can allow yourself to indulge guilt free without fear of what the scale will say tomorrow! I've come a long way and there is no going back now, thanks for all of the feedback and advice! I really do appreciate all of it.
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Happy Birthday! Have a great weekend and indulge in moderation, if that makes sense. You've clearly dramatically cleaned up your intake, so your body may not like a huge smorgousboard (sp?) of greasy and sugary foods. Then again, a refeed might do your body good!

Enjoy the weekend, try and stay active and come back to MFP on Monday!:drinker:
  • ashanti1982
    Options
    I say just enjoy it, it's your birthday, you will not undo all your hard work from one weekend and everyone needs to relax every so often. Well done for tracking what you'll be eating/drinking this weekend though. I think you have it figured out. Last week Sunday I had way over my calorie allowance by 800 calories which included my exercise calories but I made up for it the rest of the week and lost 5lbs when I weighed today. Obviously I won't be doing that this weekend but my point is that it is ok to let loose occasionally.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I say eat what you want but don't eat what you don't like! If your favorite dessert is cake and ice cream, don't take a piece of pie then.