MFP Runners Club - 12/11

Options
Ok, who ran this morning. I certainly did not! It was agreed that if it were raining we would bag it. Well I woke up and it was raining so I figured no one else would be running. The last time it rained and we planned a run I showed up and no one else did. I thought today may be the same but NO, they got together and ran anyway. GRRRRRRRRRRR. I just can't win. I guess I will have to do yoga and fast and furious class tonight to make up for it.

Replies

• SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Ok, who ran this morning. I certainly did not! It was agreed that if it were raining we would bag it. Well I woke up and it was raining so I figured no one else would be running. The last time it rained and we planned a run I showed up and no one else did. I thought today may be the same but NO, they got together and ran anyway. GRRRRRRRRRRR. I just can't win. I guess I will have to do yoga and fast and furious class tonight to make up for it.
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I only had a short run scheduled today, so I got up early and got it in before the tornado watch took effect!
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I too took a break this morning. Did a Strength training/cardio workout but wished I would of ran. I woke up with a sore throat, it made me stay in bed longer than I should have. Maybe will run tonight, most likely not its calling for snow again, so a longer run planned for tomorrow . Winter I swear I am done already!!:grumble:

Alisha
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Will be running after work today.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    No running for me I'm sick as a dog tried yesterday - couldn't felt lousy - so I walked the 3 miles instead
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Guys, I'm losing my motivation to go running after work. It's cold and rainy outside, and I'm losing it...encourage me!!!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I went to the Y and ran 5 miles of ladder intervals on the TM. It felt GREAT!!

And kind of a funny story. I had a college girl get on the TM right next to mine a couple min into my run. I usually start w/ a warm up of a few min at 6.0, then start my intervals. (today was a few min at 6.0, then 6.5, then 7, then 7.5, then 8, then 8.5 and back down to 6, 6.5, etc) It's a great way to beat the boredom on the TM and keep your body guessing!

I was on my first interval and kept bumping up the pace. She was looking over at my speed and then tried bumping hers up a little too. A couple min later she was gasping for breath and hopped off the TM. :laugh: Then she walked for quite a while and tried again. I just thought it was amusing. :laugh:

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Guys, I'm losing my motivation to go running after work. It's cold and rainy outside, and I'm losing it...encourage me!!!

You can do it! Just remember how good you feel after you run!!

Jess
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Windy today so only got 2.5 miles in. I'm gonna count it as 6 though! :laugh:
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    5 miles for me today. I did a super fun workout with it... similar to Jess. I ran 10 min on the tm and then did a series of 5 different strength training exercises, back to the run, etc. You end up doing the running portion 4 times and the strength stuff 3 times. It is a great way to break up the boredom on the tm plus get in your strength training all in about 70 minutes!
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Did my usuall 2.5km. Today I pushed myself and ran a bit faster because my usual pace is getting to be too easy YAY! My brother was with me today and suggested I should try sprinting for a block AND I DID IT! :bigsmile: I didnt DIE after like before! haha
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Went out for a four mile run with my training group today but felt lousy. Ended up walking half of it. Oh well, some days are like that
    Bunny