Healthy Homemade Pizza Recipes...?

Options
Katz721
Katz721 Posts: 16 Member
One food I CANNOT give up is the almighty pizza pie. I am looking for some good recipes to help fill the Papa Johns withdrawals. Thanks!

Replies

• ieatstickers
    ieatstickers Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I wrote this one awhile back. It's pretty tasty and always cured my longing for pizza. And you could replace the toppings and use whatever is you favorite. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/102528-bbq-chicken-pizza
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    you can put together a lovely little pizza using whole-wheat pitas. or if you're pressed for time, try the palermo ultra-thin marguerita pizza, if you can find it on sale. YUM and not nearly as high in calories as you might think.
  • ajfranzen77
    Options
    I use tomato paste on a flour tortilla shell and add part skim milk cheese. If you have a pizza stone it makes the best thin crust pizza, if no stone heat ur pizza pan first. Cook at 450 for about 5 to 10 min, watch it close crust can brown really quick. When I started MFP I would eat one of these 3 to 4 times a week. I too am pizza crazy!!!

my husband adds turkey sausage, turkey pepperoni and fresh mushrooms. Another good one is tyson fully cooked grilled chicken breast strips in hot sauce( we use franks red hot) let them marinate in that for a few hours in the fridge. When you go to make your pizza use some hot sauce as ur base, take chicken out of the sauce and place on pizza and top with cheese. Sooooo good!

Hope you enjoy these Ideas!
  • ottawagirl613
    ottawagirl613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza bi-weekly at least, and always on whole wheat flat breads/tortillas. I actually prefer it now and it really satisfies my cravings. I put chicken and veggies and always use a lighter mozzarella cheese (and minimal cheese at that). Just watch if you're going to go the flatbread/naan route that the sodium isn't too high as some varieties go a little crazy on the sodium.