Looking For That Extra Push

Options
So I have been a part of MFP for a while but have just recently made a change to try and use it everyday. So far so good but I need extra help then just tracking my food and exercise.

I have great friends and family who are always telling me they can see a change and admire my dedication to the gym, but its not enough! I am still surrounded by temptations of skipping the gym and eating bad food. Granted I know that occasionally its okay to give in but my will power is tested constantly. I am a strong person but I am not that strong and on the weekends I crumble. Its hard to track on the weekends and I let myself go, ruining all of my hardwork that I put in through the week. It is a VICIOUS cycle. I have been working out 4-5 times a week and eating better for 6 months now and I have lost 13 lbs. Granted I have not gained any back, I am quickly getting discouraged by my lack of self control come Friday night. I need to know that I am not alone in this. I want to feel better about myself. When I look in the mirror I THINK "somewhere under there, there is a sexy chick" but all I see is someone who isnt comfortable in their own skin....I need help MFP friends!

Replies

• Hananiah
    Hananiah Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat right now...I have lost over 70 lbs, but have cravings for fatty, salty, or sugary foods. I have been consistent on the exercise, but my diet stinks.
  • sunraze
    sunraze Posts: 115
    Options
    Find some friends who like to do some activities on the weekends like bike riding or playing tennis. Go to bed early and get up early---keeps me from hanging out late and partying. Get some workout DVD's you can do at home when you don't feel like going to the gym or time is short. Be strong and positive. You can do this---BE TOUGH MENTALLY, that's where it starts.
  • sunraze
    sunraze Posts: 115
    Options
    Just an FYI, I did this 3 day Shakeology cleanse and now I have a Shakeology every day in the morning and that killed all my cravings---so weird. Later I read it could do that but I was shocked. I am the sugar queen of Florida---cannot ever pass by sugar and turn it down but now it doesn't even interest me.
  • tmuse78
    tmuse78 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you are feeling. I have the biggest cravings for cake and some days I just can't help myself. I try to tell myself just have a cheat day on Sunday and then I had all week to look forward to Sunday when i treat myself to something sweet. But my only problem I work part-time at a restaurant and all i do there is pick. So then there is no reason for me to wait for Sunday to come around if I am already enjoying that sweet dessert. There are nights where I don't eat dinner because I pick on fried calamari, desserts, bread....etc.

It is definitely hard to say stay focused because its so easy to say and preach but so hard to do. You are definitely not alone. I am with you. Maybe we can help each other out and we soon will see that "sexy chick" in the mirror.
  • tmuse78
    tmuse78 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Can you give me some info on this Shakeology you are talking about?