Things that DO NOT taste the same anymore....

Options

Replies

• lisafred24
    lisafred24 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    fries... I put one in my mouth the other day... and that's it. I couldn't even have one b/c I felt like I had a layer of oil all over my tongue after I chewed it twice, so I spit it out.

sweets (cake, pastries, etc.)... Guaranteed headache within 10 minutes of eating.

There's lots more, but these are the 2 major ones b/c I was a junkie for them before. The funny thing is that I don't even crave them! Just thinking about them makes me feel slow and dragged down!

Agree on the fries...I stole one from my daughter the other day and thought I was going to gag. It was like biting into a piece of lard and to think I used to LOVE fries. Also, thai food. I used to love it and I had it the other day when I had worked out and had the calories and it was very, very salty and I didn't add soy.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I shall eat everyone's fries...pass em over
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Seared Bald Eagle in a roasted almond and chianti reduction over jasmine rice and brazed kale. God it was good.

***braised
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Seared Bald Eagle in a roasted almond and chianti reduction over jasmine rice and brazed kale. God it was good.

***braised

No-'brazed' is something else all together. It involves some lube, a friend who can keep a secret, and a set of ice tongs. Trust me, it's devine!

oh my
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    you can't be serious. this is the most inaccurate thing i have ever read. fries will never not be worth it - and are continuously getting better.
    Fries..... totally not worth it. I used to get a large size any time I got fast food.... what a waste.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that certain things - like chocolate - tastes *better*. Maybe I'm just a freak. Or maybe it's because I don't eat it nearly as much, and I take the time to savor it...?

Probably the first option. ;)
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Pepsi, mcdonald's fries, coffee with cream and sugar.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Fries, burgers, pizza, fried chicken (#1 on my list of wasted calories), any type of sweets from little Debbie.
    Chinese food, any type of greasy food.
  • smallerthighs
    Options
    Soda....tastes bad
    Doughnuts...tastes too oily

Dark chocolate....85% cocoa..tastes HEAVENLY <3
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I've been told things taste different since I ate more pineapple.
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I've been told things taste different since I ate more pineapple.

it's very generous of you to eat pineapple sir, a better time for all involved!
  • cupotee
    cupotee Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    i've been restricting all sugar these last two days as an experiment, and tonight i made myself a peach-banana-strawberry smoothie. i couldn't drink it down cuz it was so sweet.
  • Renee0608
    Renee0608 Posts: 138
    Options
    French Fries for sure.........and Oreos sadly.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any fast food tastes odd to me now. On the rare occasion I have some, I eat no where near the amount I used to. Not just because my appetite is smaller, but because the taste just isn't as good as it used to be.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    So far only ONE thing tastes as good as I remember it tasting.... Haagen Das Chocolate PB ice cream. *drool* The rest Ive instantly regretted and my body hated me for it.
  • kiqno
    kiqno Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    fried chicken
  • kiqno
    kiqno Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    oh! and fried rice from a Chinese restaurant. i've switched to steamed rice
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Any drink that has calories or sugar. I find it's a HUGE waste of calories that could be spent on food. lol
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I'm becoming more sensitive to sodium. Had a Chik-Fil-A grilled chicken sandwich the other day and it was so salty I couldn't choke it down. I used to love Chik-Fil-A..... I also can't eat canned soup any more.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Doritos. Any flavor. I had to give them up when I was nursing my babies because they were allergic to dairy, so they lost some of their luster for me, but I'd still eat them from time to time. Now I really just don't like them. But here's the funny thing: I tried a couple of a new flavor last night and didn't like them, but for the rest of the night I kept craving junk. There's something in those things that does tricky things to me.