SNOW!!!!

Options
altazin0907
altazin0907 Posts: 188 Member
edited September 2022 in Chit-Chat
Its freaking snowing in Baton Rouge, Louisiana...:noway: Holy Crap...we haven't had snow like this since 1988 ! :noway:

Replies

• altazin0907
    altazin0907 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Its freaking snowing in Baton Rouge, Louisiana...:noway: Holy Crap...we haven't had snow like this since 1988 ! :noway:
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I know!!!! I"m so jealous, all of my friends at LSU have been calling me this morning asking if its snowing in MS too, and yes- it is. Just not by me!!!

Their exams get postponed while I still have to go to mine in freezing rain. sweet. :grumble: :grumble:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Make me a snowball
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Send it here - its raining I'd rather have snow to play in!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Come to Boulder, I'm sick of snow! :grumble:
  • amccarville
    Options
    :grumble: or IA we have enough already!!!!!:angry:
  • tabbiekaye23
    tabbiekaye23 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!! IT is snowing hard here in Thibodaux, Louisiana also!!!!!!!
  • cwjett
    cwjett Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I know, I live in Baton Rouge also and it was fun this morning but man I would hate to deal with that crap everyday!!! lol
    I have more limbs to pick up in my yard from the snow than i has from hurricane Gustav!! CRAZY!!

The kids had a blast though! :happy:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Would it possible for you to keep it in LA & Mississippi all winter? I would rather not see any of it this season. Maybe I'll miss it next year & welcome it back. But probably not. :sick: We actually don't have any on the ground right now b/c we just had a ton of rain & now it is a frozen, muddy, mess. NW Ohio is lovely this time of year.

I'm glad you all enjoyed it, though! :flowerforyou:
  • jesusgrl14
    Options
    We had snow in Houston too! It makes me feel like such a little kid again! :bigsmile: :blushing: I definitely went out with co-workers and had a snowball fight! haha I am glad it is not here to stay but I appreciate the little visits! :bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile:
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Come to Canada... we have MORE than enough:grumble:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Ill gladly take some snow!!!! We are having freezing rain to ice now till tommorrow night and guess who works at 630 AM!!!!!!!
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    It was a blast having Sneaux Day, but, I am good for a very long time! I live in South Louisiana for a reason! I am diff a warm blooded cajun!!!When I think I want it to snow again, I'll bust out photos from today!!! :wink:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    We were supposed to have snow last night but NOTHING! :angry:

I miss the snows that we had when I was little.... it was like feet of snow, not just inches...you could go sleigh riding for days b/c it still wouldn't be melted...it just doesn't feel like Christmas without the white stuff! :cry:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    HUH!!! My son was in that area for 6 years and never saw a flake. He is going to be sooooo jealous!!

Of course he IS in Indiana now, so he will see PLENTY of snow from now on!!

Stay Warm!:heart:
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    .....it just doesn't feel like Christmas without the white stuff! :cry:

I Know!!! I like white Christmasses:heart: . Not nasty slushy, icy Christmasses... or ice cold, no snow ones:sick:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    1-2 inches of ice from freezing rain on top of 3 inches of snow.
    Power is out at home with no prediction of when it will be back on.

I have a generator that will run the furnace and a couple of things so not a big deal,just a pain.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

I have a generator that will run the furnace and a couple of things so not a big deal,just a pain.

aww...I guess that pretty countryside comes with some drawbacks. Just stay safe and warm, ok Carl?

I was out of electric 2 weeks from katrina and 3 weeks from wilma, no power really stinks!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

aww...I guess that pretty countryside comes with some drawbacks. Just stay safe and warm, ok Carl?

I was out of electric 2 weeks from katrina and 3 weeks from wilma, no power really stinks!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

You just have to be prepared and understand that there are some unpleasant things that come with living in areas where the weather can on a regular basis confound day to day living.

Having said that....I can`t wait until the day comes I can get out of the artic circle here.:drinker:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I live in Canada.
    It never stops snowing around here. :wink: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.