New Guy

Options
Hello all i'm Raun and i am new to this site. I'm active duty air force and way above my weight. I have been on profile for quite some time due to an ankle injury and have kinda let myself go. I currently weigh 263 and am hoping to get back down to about 225 for now and hopefully further down the road closer to 200. I am not only doing this for myself and my career but also my wife is due in Jan. and I want to be healthy for her and my son. Any advice or insight is welcomed and much appriciated.

Replies

• Hampe
    Hampe Posts: 12
    Options
    Hello all i'm Raun and i am new to this site. I'm active duty air force and way above my weight. I have been on profile for quite some time due to an ankle injury and have kinda let myself go. I currently weigh 263 and am hoping to get back down to about 225 for now and hopefully further down the road closer to 200. I am not only doing this for myself and my career but also my wife is due in Jan. and I want to be healthy for her and my son. Any advice or insight is welcomed and much appriciated.
  • stenogal
    Options
    Nice to meet you Raun!:happy:
    You have come to the right place! Everyone on here is amazing and so willing to help you when you need it.
    My husband is a correctional officer and weighs 260. I am trying to talk him into setting up his own profile because he really wants to lose and get down around 220 also. Maybe seeing your profile will inspire him to make one for himself. Thanks!
    I wish you luck and many blessings with your weightloss and the new baby on the way!:flowerforyou:

Stenogal
    (Melissa)
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Hi!

My fiance is in the Army and uses this site to keep an eye on his food intake. He's not over weight...but you know how those pounds sneak on while you aren't paying attention. He's currently in Iraq doing this.

My advice... listen to the advice people give but do what is best for you. Everyone is different. Welcome!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Hampe
    Options
    Thank you both for the replys and the well wishings.
  • tkarratti
    Options
    :wink: Welcome to the site! I have been here a week and have already lost my goal of 2 lbs...I really did not do anything special other than log my food and exercise...I am so inspired by some of the other stories on this site...I am excited about the next week and my plan to do well....This is a fun site and will help you on your way to your goal...Way to finally "Just Do It!"
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome :flowerforyou: You will love it here! And congrats on the little one!:drinker:
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to our little gang!! Wishing you the best of luck in reaching your weight goals, I've done great since joining MFP. Also, as a Navy brat, let me say thanks for serving our beautiful country!!!
  • renae5
    Options
    Also, congrats on you new little one on the way and as far as advice, use your food diary religiously - you'd be surprised how easy it is and how eye-opening it can be in the beginning, my sister and I joined together and after the 1st day she logged in all her food and hit the "finished for the day" button and the site told her that if she ate every day like she did that day... she'd gain 8 pounds in 5 weeks. Now she has really laid off the McD and Chinese rest. next to her job!! She is not as active as I am about losing weight but luckily thanks to MFP she is currently maintaining very well! I on the other hand have lost ALL my post-baby weight and SOOOO much more!! YOU CAN DO IT!
  • Hampe
    Options
    Again thank you to everyone for the encouragement and everything. Renae i have been using the food diary and i was shocked to see some of the stuff i was eating, I'm not one who normally reads labels but after seeing the amounts of stuff i put in body using the diary i am going to start.
  • renae5
    Options
    Good for you, we don't want skinny guys, but healthy guys are GREAT!! Good luck to you and your wife!
  • Hampe
    Options
    Lol again thank you