Sometimes I need reminders of how good I've got it...

Options
iftcheiaf
iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
edited September 2022 in Chit-Chat
I've been feeling a little down today, maybe the weather (yucky, rainy). My husband comes downstairs and turns me around, looks me in the eyes, and says "How can you be depressed? You have me!" Then he proceeds to start humming and dancing with me in the bathroom You know...he's right.

Replies

• iftcheiaf
    Options
    I've been feeling a little down today, maybe the weather (yucky, rainy). My husband comes downstairs and turns me around, looks me in the eyes, and says "How can you be depressed? You have me!" Then he proceeds to start humming and dancing with me in the bathroom You know...he's right.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

Every morning my husband says look - no dirt (looking straight up from laying in bed) he says that means all is ok! He's always so positive and I've been the stressed out one with holiday shopping, overwhelmed with work, his dad in hospital (3 weeks now with no conclusive diagnosis), washing machine is dead need a new one, but with all that I would keep it all rather than what I had 3 years ago when I was diagnosed with breast cancer (12/8)

I have my loving husband, my kids, a job, great friends, my health, I guess truly I have it all!!

I needed this post to realize it!
  • iftcheiaf
    Options
    You're an inspiration to me Chrissyh. Hope everything works out with your father-in-law. Awesome that you're a breast cancer survivor. I'm sure your positive outlook with your wonderful husband definitely helped. Enjoy your time with your family these upcoming weeks :)
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Thank you!

I have to say there are so many positive things that came out of my cancer that I probably wouldn't change that either!! It truly brought my husband and I to a new level of love for one another--we've always been mushy but I've been told we're sickening! I was able to help a friend who was diagnosed a month after me. Lots of cool things...

Give your hubby a great big hug - it will help you feel better!!
  • iftcheiaf
    Options
    ALREADY DONE!!!
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    This kinda brings things into perspective. Please watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv1gCa5Us7Q
  • chrissyh
    Options
    AMAZING! I am going to share this on another post.
This discussion has been closed.