This website is great!

1Corinthians13
1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I signed up about 2 weeks ago, and all ready, I've learned so much.

A little about me - I'm 28, 5'2", and don't really need to lose weight. I have a small frame, and I weigh about 115, and my mom says she's going to commit me if I lose anymore. But I wouldn't mind getting to110. That's still healthy for my size.

I love the community here and think that the encouragement and interaction with other people in the same boat as me will really help. I may seem like I don't have any food issues, but I kinda do. If I don't keep track of what I'm eating and actually record it before the day even starts, I get out of control. My life is pretty messed up right now, and I crave two things when I'm alone and feeling sorry for myself - sour cream and onion chips and bacon pizza. Then I hate myself for eating it all and refuse to eat the next day and workout like crazy.

So I just wanted to introduce myself and thank everyone ahead of time! I think this website and the people here are really going to help me stay on track!

Replies

• 1Corinthians13
    I signed up about 2 weeks ago, and all ready, I've learned so much.

A little about me - I'm 28, 5'2", and don't really need to lose weight. I have a small frame, and I weigh about 115, and my mom says she's going to commit me if I lose anymore. But I wouldn't mind getting to110. That's still healthy for my size.

I love the community here and think that the encouragement and interaction with other people in the same boat as me will really help. I may seem like I don't have any food issues, but I kinda do. If I don't keep track of what I'm eating and actually record it before the day even starts, I get out of control. My life is pretty messed up right now, and I crave two things when I'm alone and feeling sorry for myself - sour cream and onion chips and bacon pizza. Then I hate myself for eating it all and refuse to eat the next day and workout like crazy.

So I just wanted to introduce myself and thank everyone ahead of time! I think this website and the people here are really going to help me stay on track!
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    And we're happy to have you :flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Welcome to our MFP community!:flowerforyou:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    This is a great site because it's not about DIET, it's about health. So even if you're just trying to maintain your weight, or for some even gain some, it helps you to see a permanent lifestyle change on healthy food. Welcome aboard!
  • 1Corinthians13
    Thanks to everyone!
    This is a great site because it's not about DIET, it's about health. So even if you're just trying to maintain your weight, or for some even gain some, it helps you to see a permanent lifestyle change on healthy food. Welcome aboard!

I agree iftcheiaf. I've always been pretty healthy. I was blessed with a great mom who knew that half of our plate at dinner should be veggies. She made us drink at least two glasses of milk, we only got 2 snacks a day, and we had to eat breakfast. I was raised loving my fruits and vegetable and knowing what a balanced meal was.

Like I said, my problem comes when I'm alone and depressed which happens kinda a lot.
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Like I said, my problem comes when I'm alone and depressed which happens kinda a lot.

Well, then know that you're not alone. I'm am emotional eater, stressed out eater, depressed starver. No balance. I didn't have quite the balanced mother you had, but I am making sure that I am giving my daughter the best example possible.

I hear that doing something with your hands help. Haven't quite gotten into knitting yet, but I hear it works. Either way, just know that you will have great support here. Read through old posts. Sometimes just pick out the ones with the jokes. I find that just trying to change your mind set (and trust me, I know that is no easy feat), can change your desire for food.

:flowerforyou:
  • 1Corinthians13
    Thanks, I will. I'm like you - I know I just said I eat a bag of chips when I'm depressed, but it's weird. When I'm depressed, the idea of food makes me feel sick. I actually dropped 15 pounds in 2 months this past summer b/c I stopped eating. Except for the chips and the occasional bacon pizza. It doesn't even make sense that I do both, does it? That I binge AND starve myself?

I'm kinda depressed again, and my craving for chips came back, as well as my desire to not eat anything. But, so far, I haven't bought any chips, and I've been making myself stick to my menu. So far, so good.

And as for doing something with my hands - I write and love to read. Although I love to munch while I read. but I can't eat while I'm typing because then I get the keyboard all yucky. PLUS, I usually get totally into whatever I'm writing and don't think about the food!
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Welcome, Corinthians

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
This discussion has been closed.