sweetners

Options
hgam1
hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
Does anyone know what else I could use to sweeteen my teas/coffee and weetabix? I hear they are not too good for you. On average, between my teas/coffees and cereal I more or less use at least 8-10 a day. Surely, on the scale of things this is too high? Please could anyone advice?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest using stevia
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I use splenda..0 calories:)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Try it without anything. After a while you'll get use to it.
  • ChrisFA5
    ChrisFA5 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest using stevia

X2, and try to cut as much refined sugar out as possible.
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I talked with my doc about this just last week....she said that Splenda is ok, Stevia is better if you don't mind the taste. Well, I don't see a difference in the taste myself, so I'm stickin' with the Stevia!
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Honestly artificial sweetners are all bad for u my friend is in the nutrition program and she said that using Splenda or Aspartame is gunna slowly kill me...Stevia is good cuz its all natural and not made from chemicals no one puts Meth in their coffee, how much different is Splenda?
  • agulledge32
    Options
    Agava Nectar is really yummy! I think it would be good for teas, yogurts, but don't know about coffee.
  • sharonuk10
    sharonuk10 Posts: 277
    Options
    Honey for tea is good and I know some will say that is the same as sugar but it hasn't caused me problems. I still use real sugar on my oats just have cut back dramatically.
  • kiwikara
    kiwikara Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I recently switched to Stevia and I really like it! It's got a good taste and dissolves really fast. I've even made banana bread recently using half sugar and half stevia. It was great!