Replies

• PageSalyers
    PageSalyers Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Lean Cuisines Pizzas are really good!
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    I use a whole wheat pita, slather it with whatever jar marinara sauce I have on hand, put 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese on it with turkey pepperoni... toss it in the toaster oven and YUMMO! Pizza.

I also read where you can use sandwich thins for the crust... each little pizza has 50 calories for the crust plus whatever you use for toppings. But you can have different pizzas to curb different cravings!
  • trixylewis
    trixylewis Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    ive made the cauliflower crust pizza, me and my hubby love it!
  • Purplegal
    Purplegal Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've come to love pizza with no cheese...it takes away SO many calories and I just load it up with veggies and sauce, sometimes pepperoni.. Yum!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Absolutely there's delicious healthy pizza available! I'm sure many mentioned various types that you can toss on a Pita or your choices of flat breads.

Had a delicious one for dinner, Pita with Mozzarella, sliced grape tomatoes, cut up artichokes, black olives, onions, red bell pepper, sliced mushrooms. Less than 200 calories! So delicious, Pita gets a nice crispy crust on the bottom if you place it right on the oven rack.

I most definitely put cheese on mine for the protein, so it's not all carb for the meal. I've also tossed in some BBQ chicken with a mixture of the above.

Really, the sky is the limit, and I have absolutely no cravings for either store bought or delivery pizzas now.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    There's a recipe on the internet for cauliflower pizza crust. I haven't tried it yet but I may as it is low carb (and of course veggies are good for ya) :)
    It's in the recipe section here on MFP, you'll find it easy with a search. I've heard from members it's good, but looking at it frightened me.:blushing: :laugh: :noway: I prefer real crust on my pizza..meaning bread of some type.

But worth checking out if it appeals to you:drinker:
  • AudreysMama223
    Options
    You know what I do when I want pizza?

Take a tortilla, lay it out on a baking sheet (or two if I'm cooking for my mother as well). Spread some sauce (sometimes alfredo, sometimes cheese, sometimes pizza sauce depending on my craving), put some cheese over that, veggies if I feel like it, pepperoni if I feel like it, meats if I feel like it, whatever my mood is, that's what I top it with, then bake it in the oven until the cheese is melted. The tortilla gets nice and crispy and it's amazing.

Low calorie, too, depending on your ingredients.

This post was really helpful to me, thank you!