Started couch to 5k!

Options
Okay, the bad news is that I am not able to start at the first level.

The good news is that I am still able to stand!!!

I figured instead of 90secs walking I will start with 2 mins walking and 1 min jogging. Then start the actual program, lol.

I really am proud of myself though, because I have NEVER been able to run. I think the most I remember ever doing was a 1/4 of a mile and I may be wrong about that! :laugh:

My 5k isn't until July, but I'm gonna need to start early if I want to keep up with my little brother (who is doing triathelons)!

Replies

• DjBliss05
    Options
    Okay, the bad news is that I am not able to start at the first level.

The good news is that I am still able to stand!!!

I figured instead of 90secs walking I will start with 2 mins walking and 1 min jogging. Then start the actual program, lol.

I really am proud of myself though, because I have NEVER been able to run. I think the most I remember ever doing was a 1/4 of a mile and I may be wrong about that! :laugh:

My 5k isn't until July, but I'm gonna need to start early if I want to keep up with my little brother (who is doing triathelons)!
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Stick with it! July gives you plenty of time. And don't worry about keeping up with that little brother of yours; my goal for my first 5K was just to finish. :laugh: Well, I did, and last spring (1 year after my first 5K, I did a 20K!)

YOU CAN DO IT :flowerforyou: