HRM awesomeness

Options
So I was jogging on the treadmill yesterday at 7 MPH sweatin like crazy and gasping for air. I looked down and my HRM said my heart rate was 68 beats per minute. TAKE THAT LANCE ARMSTRONG!!

Umm it might have been broken though cause I'm pretty sure that would mean my resting heart rate is 0. But I'm gonna claim the awesome until I find out otherwise.

Anyone else's HRM wig every once in a while? New batteries? New HRM?

Replies

• Jami22
    Jami22 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I just got a Polar FT7 about a month ago and mine does that every so often. Haven't been able to figure out why.
  • lframent
    lframent Posts: 33
    Options
    I have the Polar ft4 and I bought it used. I haven't had that problem yet, but that is so strange! I'd hope no one's resting heart rate is 0...

Which HRM do you use? I've heard good things about the newer Polar models as well as the BodyMedia FIT. Garmin makes HRMs as well that also track distance if you're into cycling or running.

Hope all's well, x
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I've had that happen before. It is usually when my HRM strap has slid up over my sports bra (which doesn't look like your issue at all!)

Also, before I start to sweat it doesn't read well. I swear that the instruction manual that came with mine said to use some lube on the sensors. I'll be sure to whip out my KY next time that happens.
  • crazycat828
    Options
    Wow! You are a machine. :-)

My heartrate monitor watch is waterproof to 25m but keeps getting setoff to update if I wear it in the shower.. it tries to test the water droplets. haha.
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I use a Bowflex make, not sure of the model. It's been really good for over year, which is why I'm hoping it's just a battery issue and not a sports bra issue lol. I don't think it had anything to do with conductivity cause I'd been lifting for an hour before I put it on and had a nice sweat going.

So is your HRM useless in the rain Cat?
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    FIT FIT FIT! Super cool!
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Every once in a while, my old Polar S120 will start beeping like crazy because of the upper limit HR I have set. When I look at it, it will say something crazy like 287 bpm! I'm certain I'm not working quite that hard. Usually holding the watch next the chest strap for a moment will fix it.
  • XDoodlebugger
    XDoodlebugger Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The other day using my Polar F6 on a treadmill had an occasional reading of 68 on the treadmills display. I would quickly look at my watch and it was displaying 130, look back at the treadmill and it was back at 130.

Happened several times during the 20 minutes I was on it, has never happened before.