Meal Replacement Options

Options
Hello All,
I've been using GNC's Total Lean replacement shakes and found success. However, 1 22$ tub only has 16 servings. UGH! Anyone have any suggestions? Where else is good to go for supplements?

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Mail order some whey. Mix it with some source of carb like fruit, non-fat milk, oats, etc.

Or just buy a premade one like Myoplex, Muscle Milk, or Optimum Nutrition Oats & Whey.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat food? Just curious...if it's busy schedule stuff I have a lot of "go to" recipes that are great for busy moms!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Or, on the flipside, that's less than $1.50 per meal...where else can you eat that cheap?
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    For me, food is more filling when it is hot. I keep Lean Cuisine and Eat Right meals in the freezer at work. The sodium isn't too bad and it's usually high in protein which keeps me filled up for a while. I really like the steamer bowls. I just have to worry about someone stealing my food.

I read an article a while ago about how protein shakes and bars were expensive alternatives to real food. If you compare the grams of protein per dollar, eggs are cheaper. Peanut butter and Cottage Cheese, too.

I do keep a blender bottle of EAS Triple Protein shake at my desk to mix with water for an afternoon snack. Sometimes, when I overdo it on the protein, I have a Kelloggs FiberPlus bars, instead. Fiber is important, too!
  • kelliewujek
    Options
    Thanks! I love my Blender Bottle!!
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    Teamfatcash.com