Getting Reacquainted with my khakis !!!

Options
wnw64
wnw64 Posts: 34 Member
This morning was awesome, because I finally decided to try wearing a pair of khaki pants that I bought for myself about SIX YEARS AGO & have never worn… When I bought them, it was summer & I was half-heartedly trying to lose a few pounds, so I decided to buy a light pair of khatkis that were 1 size less than I was fitting into at the time. Well, as I said, my diet/exercise at that time lacked commitment & so I never really got my weight down enough to fit in them.

For the next 6 years, I slowly increased in weight until this past April. At that time, I discovered at the clothing store that I was going to have to go up another size in pants which was actually several sizes higher than the old pair of pants I bought SIX YEARS AGO. While in the store, I decided once & for all that enough is enough. I quietly returned the BIG BOY pants to the racks & walked out of the store feeling focused. When we got to the car, I told my wife that I am not buying another paire of pants! I will lose enough weight to fit back into several pairs of barely/never worn, smaller size pants buried in my closet for years. Since that fateful April day, I have religiously followed my MFP calorie quota & have gotten down to the gym 4 – 5 times each week.

Over the past few months, I’ve looked at those old, never worn, smaller size pants in anticipation of the day when I could finally sport them. So, this morning, while hunting around the closet for something light & cool to wear (casual work Friday), I saw those khaki’s smiling at me & saying “you’ve worked hard, give us a try now, you’re ready & we’re ready…..”. So, I took them off the hanger, held my breath, put them on & discovered – OMG, THESE BABYS FIT, I CAN WEAR THESE PANTS WITHOUT ANY SUCKING IN – YEA BABY YEA !!!!

To some of you, this may seem somewhat trivial, but I decided to share this story anyway. I am sure there are others out there starting their journey, having those old, barely/never worn clothes patiently waiting for their owner to wear them again…. BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY THIS: THERE IS NOTHING & I MEAN NOTHING LIKE THE FEELING YOU GET WHEN YOU ARE ABLE TO FIT BACK INTO THOSE OLDER, SMALLER CLOTHES AGAIN, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING !

Stay committed to the simple concept of honoring your MFP calorie limit, some basic exercise routine, and add in some patience & you will feel what I felt this morning – ABSOLUTELY AWESOME !!!

Thanks for reading my story!

Replies

• amymoore728
    Options
    Great job! I wore a pair of pants yesterday that I almost decided to donate about 6 months ago bc they were small, so I feel your same level of excitement :)
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Happened to me too, what a great feeling! Congrats on your loss!
  • gdortiz
    gdortiz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    that's really great, good for you. such a great feeling ...
  • Blissfullyaware
    Options
    Thats so awesome! Yeah I have a pair of khaki shorts in the back of my closet right now that I purposely bought a size too small. I'm hoping in the coming weeks I will be able to wear them comfortably and feel what you're feeling right now!
    Keep it up!

<3 Ashley
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!