Your Favorite Smoothie Recipes

Particularly breakfast. I'm considering getting a portable smoothie maker for the office because I don't eat breakfast till 9AM but am at the office at 7:30AM and I'd like to do a smoothie breakfast occassionally.

Right now I'm thinking about maybe Vanilla Greek yogurt w/ PB, Banana and maybe some Chocolate Whey Protien Powder. But I'm not sure if it's worth the expense of the blender or not. So I was wondering if anyone knew of some super power smoothie recipes that to die for. Looking to stay around 400 cals or under, but I can always adjust the portions if necessary.

Replies

• Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    I make a mango smoothie with Dole frozen mango chunks, plain greek yogurt, agave syrup and skim milk.
  • Spinach, berries, banana, coconut milk. Looks really kind of like poop but tastes great (you can't taste the spinach).
  • jennyonthespot
    jennyonthespot Posts: 98 Member
    Get an immersion blender. They are smaller and they are about 20 bucks at Target. They come with a cup that has measuring lines on it and a lid. I love mine.
  • AndreSF
    AndreSF Posts: 84 Member
    Not a sales pitch...

I love my daily breakfast doze of Choc Shakeology with vanilla almond milk and strawberries. Can be blended in the early morn and "re-shaken" in a hand shaker at the breakfast time.

Good luck!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Get an immersion blender. They are smaller and they are about 20 bucks at Target. They come with a cup that has measuring lines on it and a lid. I love mine.

THank you !!
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    1 C Dole Wildly Nutritious Blend Frozen Fruit
    1/2 C 1% Milk
    1/2 C Chobani 0% Plain Yogurt
    1 Scoop (1/2 serving) of APC Whey & Soy Protein Powder - Vanilla (from Festival Foods)

I blend it in my Magic Bullet Blender & ENJOY!!!
  • bstilland
    bstilland Posts: 122 Member
    Frozen dark cherries, almond milk, honey, flaxseed & fage greek yogurt
    or
    Frozen Mango
    or
    Frozen Pineapple, coconut milk....
  • SailingMike
    SailingMike Posts: 237 Member
    Simple, YUMMY and very low cal:

1 Frozen Banana (and or frozen strawberries)
    2 cups non-fat milk
    Optional: spoon of Cocoa powder

Blend and drink guilt free
  • JudyZ
    JudyZ Posts: 23
    I have a smoothie just about every day! Definitely worth the cost of a blender. A magic bullet may be the way to go...or an immersion blender.

I use chocolate shakeology as well (sometimes greenberry).

PB2 (powdered peanut butter...lower in fat and more convenient for smoothies)
    banana
    unsweetened almond milk
    ice (if you want it frosty...would need the magic bullet for that)
    chocolate protein powder (this is where I use the shakeology instead)

Any frozen berries with the almond milk and chocolate shakeology (or protein powder) is good!

And I agree...adding a little bit of spinach can't be tasted. I bought kale this week to use, but keep forgetting to put it in!

Chia seeds (yes...the ones you use on chia pets) are also a good addition. I use a vitamix which is a pretty powerful blender, so it pulverized them. This might not work so well with a regular blender.

Hmmm... that's all I can think of for now. I'm pretty bland with my mixtures. I pretty much throw in whatever I'm feeling like that day! It usually turn out around 300-350 calories.
  • zee1957
    zee1957 Posts: 159 Member
    I use the GNC protien powder shakes, they hace a chocalate real good, I buy the vanilla and mix it with all kinds of fruits,
    I have one every morning i don't get hungry till 1 pm so it works for me.
    Good luck
  • SusM321
    SusM321 Posts: 141 Member
    Bump! That's a wonderful idea for work!