step counters

Options
hi everyone i just want to know where i can buy i wrist step counter, i am starting a new job in September in a school and wanted to know how many calories i might burn in a day running around, i will be walking my son to nursery, dropping the girls off at breakfast club, going to work. Then picking them all up and getting the girls to dancing three nights a week, i don't drive so i will be walking mostly everywhere with the odd bus ride and when your in a school you don't sit down.
Do you think it will be a good idea?
Could a record how many miles i will walk?
Advice would be really appreciated xxxxx

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit is my hero!
    www.fitbit.com
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit is my hero!
    www.fitbit.com

I second that. Fitbit is a great tool for counting steps, among other things. It can be worn in a concealed way too :).
  • christinechipchase
    christinechipchase Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    hi what is that ?? xxxx
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    hi what is that ?? xxxx

www.fitbit.com
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    hi what is that ?? xxxx

www.fitbit.com

:sad:
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    I have an Omron Pedometer but I also have a HRM and use that more.
  • christinechipchase
    christinechipchase Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    ok i will have a look thanks for the advice xxxx
  • Anniejazz
    Anniejazz Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have an Omron pedometer and I love it. When I first got it I had to work hard to make 10000 steps a day but I soon found myself in a daily competition with myself to step new personal bests! No shortcuts, always using the stairs, parking the car as far from my office as possible. It makes fitness fun. X:happy: :happy:
  • reallyworkingout
    Options
    I use a app for my android called Accupedo, it count my calories, steps, and mile. I average about 5.20 miles a day and 10965 steps. i don't use it for any of my at the gym stuff. dose I record by them self
  • ashreneeknutson
    Options
    My work provided us with fitbugs. However, it counts much better if on the hip instead of the wrist; the reading is more accurate. Just something to think about. :smile: