Apple Ceaser Salad

Options
Brady_
Brady_ Posts: 108 Member
okay, this is great. just great :)

so this restaurant i go to by my house has the BEST salad ever so i've been trying to recreate it at home with the same ingrediants but with salad dressing i KNOW how many calories are in it etc. it has...

Apples
Cranberries
Feta Chee
Grillen Chicken
Popye seed dressing <--- Make this salad it at home its sooo nummy.

But what I'm more pumped about is i'm soo picky about my salads. well today i was half assing it and just wanted a ceaser salad from home (light ceaser dressing 70cals=2tbls) So i made the salad with all greens, ceaser and put a 1/4 cup feta on and 1/4 cup finely shredded asiago parm cheese. put i really wanted to try apples on it, and at the restauraent their apples are cut in super thin slices but i didnt wanna spend an hour doing it.

HERES A TRICK IM excited to share: it could only be exciting to me though so bare with me

I looked through my drawer to see what i could find to cut up thin apple slices and TAA-DAA. CHEESE GRATER!! awesome, so i take the apple to the grater like i would a brick of cheese and put it over my salad and WA-LA its sooo good! appples on salad is really good even just a ceaser salad, added nutrients and flavor sounds good to ME! :)

anyway, thats all. i was just excited about it cause i dont like salad but made one today i could eat everyday. and the whole bowl was under 250 calories! BIG bowl! i added the 1/4 cup asiago parm chee, and i really only needed half of the 1/4th. so cut that in half you have even less cals!

Replies

• snmonson
    snmonson Posts: 79
    Options
    I am saving this! Thank you for sharing that :)
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmmm. I can't wait to try this!
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I see that you mentioned Poppyseed dressing, so I wanted to share with you what I use. I found 2 awesome dressings at my local WalMart, which I love and they are cheap! One is a Maple Grove Farms Fat Free Poppyseed @ 35 calories for a 2 TBSP serving and Maple Grove Farms Sugar Free Raspberry Vinagrette @ 5 calories per 2 TBSP serving. They are both delicious and they taste great on salads with fruit on them. They are also only around $1.98 each for a bottle! Just wanted to share my great find!
  • ocrunner11
    ocrunner11 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Sounds delicious:flowerforyou:
  • brandihutchinson
    Options
    Def saving!