lots and lots of breasts

Options
Lookin for peoples favorite chicken breast recipes, chicken salads and boiled chicken are getting old quick. Any ideas?

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I have to leave for the evening, but I'm marking this spot. I have a baked (pr grilled) chicken recipe that's to die for. I'll post later.
  • webfootcajun
    Options
    chicken breasts, boneless skinless
    1 yellow onion
    1 bell pepper
    2 tsp olive oil

throw them all in a big skillet and cook em down till the pepper and onions are soft and brown. add salt pepper, garlic powder, cayenne, etc when you first throw in the pan.

easy and awesome.
  • elfie9863
    elfie9863 Posts: 337
    Options
    Put your chicken in the crockpot and add some chopped onions and cover with Yoshida Sauce and cook on high for a couple hours.... DELISH.
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Chicken for grilling:
    1/4c olive oil
    4 chicken breasts
    zest of 1 lemon
    1/3c fresh lemon juice
    4 cloves of garlic
    fresh ground pepper to taste

Dump everything into the blender (EXCEPT for the chicken - that would be gross). Put marinade mix and chicken breasts in a ziploc bag for at least an hour, longer if you can. Grill. Eat.

Chicken for slowcooking:
    4 chicken breasts (fresh or frozen)
    1 jar salsa
    1 can low sodium black beans, rinsed
    1/2 bag frozen corn

Put your chicken breasts in the crockpot. Dump all of the other stuff on them. Cook on low 6-9 hrs, depending if they are fresh or frozen. Or depending on what time you get home from work - they are totally fine if they sit longer. Shred. Serve with corn tortillas, lowfat shredded cheddar, and whatever other healthy stuff you like to dump on there. I like to substitute ff greek yogurt for sour cream.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I often grill them, then right before they are done, I put BBQ sauce on top, then "mexican" cheese (2% is good), and Hormel real bacon pieces.

THere's a good ranch bacon recipe on the recipe message board (search).

It's loaded with sodium but I also often cut one up, stick it in a tupperware, add a ton of Frank's Red Hot, some garlic, some Mrs. Dash, heat and shake and you have buffalo chicken! I put it on salads with blue cheese. That was my lunch today.

Also cook chopped pieces with teryaki and broccoli then mix with cooked brown rice...
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Heck, I thought we were gonna talk about moobs, cos I've got plenty to go around :laugh:

But one of my favourite chicken dishes which is quite decadent and saucy, sweet yet spicy is Sweet n Spicy Moroccan chicken. I've just added the receipe to MFP for everyone to share.

I love to serve it with couscous, but my hubster can't stand the stuff, so he has his with plain basmati or long-grain rice.

I also love a bit of mini-naan or where possible fresh pitta bread to mop up the tangy tomato sauce.

Enjoy! :happy:
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    This sounds good but i havent tried it yet.

Italian style chicken and rice

Ingredients (MAKES 2 SERVINGS)
    1 cup long‐grain brown rice, cooked
    12 oz chicken breast (uncooked weight)
    1/2 green bell pepper (approx 2/3 cup), chopped
    1/2 6 oz onion (approx 1/2 cup), chopped
    14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
    1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
    1 teaspoon basil
    1 teaspoon oregano
    Black pepper to taste
    Garlic powder to taste
    Dash of salt (optional)

Directions
    1. Begin cooking the rice in a pot or a rice cooker first, allowing for 30–40 minutes
    for cooking time (depending on your cooking method).
    2. After you’ve started the rice, prepare a large, deep sauté pan, and coat the surface
    with a tablespoon of olive oil (or save calories by using non‐stick cooking spray).
    3. Chop the onions and green peppers, and sauté them in the pan until they begin to
    soften.
    4. Chop the chicken into strips or preferably into small squares, stirring until evenly
    browned.
    5. Add the diced tomatoes. Add spices (basil, oregano, black pepper and garlic
    powder) to your liking.
    6. When the rice is finished, scoop out a cup, stir it into the chicken‐vegetable mixture
    and serve.

Nutrition Info
    Per serving:
    Calories: 393
    Protein: 42.8 g
    Carbs: 35.3 g
    Fat: 11.8 g
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I've been having this lately and enjoy it:

1 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce, divided (I use the 'Less Sodium' one- 47% less sodium than the original)
    3 Tbsp. green onions, finely chopped
    1 Tbsp. sesame oil
    2 tsp. fresh ginger, peeled and grated
    1 1/2 lb. chicken, beef or pork, thinly sliced

To make marinade, in small bowl, combine all ingredients except meat. Reserve 1/2 cup marinade; pour remaining marinade over meat in a resealable plastic bag. Marinate 20 minutes to 1 hour. Grill over gas or charcoal until done. Serve with reserved marinade for dipping. (Makes 12 appetizer servings)

(I personally think it makes less servings than that. Next time I'm going to leave my breasts whole.)
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Try this http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/320314-sage-rubbed-chicken-with-apple-slaw?hl=sage#posts-4265337
    It's for pork, but I did chicken the other night and it was AWESOME!

OH, and you don't have to make the slaw, just use the spice rub for your meat! (LOL I said rub and meat in the same sentence!)
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Stick of BUTTER with some fresh garlic *alot* and saute chicken breasts in this concoction till done. Salt and Pepper to taste. This is a heavenly way to cook Chicken breasts. Wanna up the ante? Throw in a good amount of mushrooms and serve over steamed rice with a side of fresh garden tomato's.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Season with garlic and herb mix and then grill them, then when they're nearly done, smear the tops with sour cream and top with parmesan cheese and shredded provolone and mozzarella mix. Turn down the heat and cover until the cheese melts. Serve with a spinach salad.
  • mase1432
    mase1432 Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks everyone! i'm def. going to try these out
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    The title is very offensive,and masked sexuality ...very inaperoperaiate:laugh:
  • midwesthiker
    Options
    If you like spicy, I make adobo chicken and serve over cilantro lime rice.
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I clicked the thread based on it's title. I'm leaving, very disappointed. :(
  • mase1432
    Options
    not as inappropriate as the way you butchered the word inappropriate ;-)
  • beccau_20
    beccau_20 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOOVE THIS! But watch the sodium :o)

Hungry Girl - Nacho-rific Stuffed Chicken

Ingredients:
    1/2 cup fat-free refried beans
    1/4 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
    4 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss cheese
    1/2 cup Fiber One bran cereal (original)
    8 low-fat baked tortilla chips (like the kind by Guiltless Gourmet), crushed
    1 tsp. dry taco seasoning mix
    2 dashes cayenne pepper, or more to taste
    Four 5-oz. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast cutlets, pounded to 1/3-inch thickness
    1/4 cup taco sauce
    Optional toppings: fat-free sour cream and/or salsa

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.

To make the filling, combine beans, shredded cheese, and cheese wedges in a bowl. Mix thoroughly and set aside.

Using a blender or food processor, grind Fiber One cereal to a breadcrumb-like consistency. Remove blender from base, and add crushed chips, taco seasoning, and cayenne pepper. With the lid on, give it a good shake to mix. Transfer crumb mixture to a plate and set aside.

Lay cutlets flat on a clean, dry surface. Spoon filling onto the centers of the cutlets, evenly dividing it among them. Carefully roll each cutlet up over the filling (which may ooze a little, but don't worry!) and secure with toothpicks.

Cover each stuffed cutlet with 1 tbsp. taco sauce, using the back of the spoon or your fingers to coat. Carefully roll each cutlet in the crumb mixture, making sure to coat all sides -- use a spoon or your fingers, if needed. Gently transfer to the baking pan.

Cover the pan with foil, and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.

Carefully remove foil, and bake in the oven for another 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and outsides are crispy.

Let cool slightly and, if you like, serve with sour cream and/or salsa. Enjoy!

MAKES 4 SERVINGS
  • mase1432
    Options
    sorry dude
  • chapagonzo
    Options
    bump
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOOVE THIS! But watch the sodium :o)

Hungry Girl - Nacho-rific Stuffed Chicken

Ingredients:
    1/2 cup fat-free refried beans
    1/4 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
    4 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss cheese
    1/2 cup Fiber One bran cereal (original)
    8 low-fat baked tortilla chips (like the kind by Guiltless Gourmet), crushed
    1 tsp. dry taco seasoning mix
    2 dashes cayenne pepper, or more to taste
    Four 5-oz. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast cutlets, pounded to 1/3-inch thickness
    1/4 cup taco sauce
    Optional toppings: fat-free sour cream and/or salsa

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.

To make the filling, combine beans, shredded cheese, and cheese wedges in a bowl. Mix thoroughly and set aside.

Using a blender or food processor, grind Fiber One cereal to a breadcrumb-like consistency. Remove blender from base, and add crushed chips, taco seasoning, and cayenne pepper. With the lid on, give it a good shake to mix. Transfer crumb mixture to a plate and set aside.

Lay cutlets flat on a clean, dry surface. Spoon filling onto the centers of the cutlets, evenly dividing it among them. Carefully roll each cutlet up over the filling (which may ooze a little, but don't worry!) and secure with toothpicks.

Cover each stuffed cutlet with 1 tbsp. taco sauce, using the back of the spoon or your fingers to coat. Carefully roll each cutlet in the crumb mixture, making sure to coat all sides -- use a spoon or your fingers, if needed. Gently transfer to the baking pan.

Cover the pan with foil, and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.

Carefully remove foil, and bake in the oven for another 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and outsides are crispy.

Let cool slightly and, if you like, serve with sour cream and/or salsa. Enjoy!

MAKES 4 SERVINGS

Calories etc per serving? Sounds interesting and the one Hungry Girl recipe I made was quite good. (Mini turkey and veggie meatloafs).