I need your help.

Options
I never thought I'd ask, but I need help from you guys. No matter how motivated I am to lose these 25 pounds, the motivation seems to vanish after a few days. I CANNOT stay consistent. I binge after a few days of healthy eating and exercise.. I end up canceling out those good days with the bad days. I try to stay positive, I do, but it's so hard. Especially when my period comes every three weeks instead of every four. The cravings can be intense, but still, I know it's all in my head.

Please, I don't mean to sound desperate, but I am.

I know that if i don't do something now, the weight will just continue to pile on.

If anyone out there can help, it would be much appreciated.

xoxo

Replies

• thinmeto90
    Options
    You should be honest and log ALL your foods. Your MFP friends will look at it and it makes you feel more accountable for your eating. If you have a bad day, you get support, MANY bad days and you should feel embarrassed, but never lie on your log. Sometimes I think "what will my MFP friends think if I eat this much?" It really does help.
  • h82bfat
    h82bfat Posts: 77
    Options
    We all get hungry...keep healthy snacks on hand.
  • kellieem
    kellieem Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    First of all, I just wanted to say that I understand what you're going through... I've been and still am in the same situation. To help me out of the rut, I made my food diary public to my MFP friends. Knowing that others would see what I've eaten made me a little more accountable, because when I binge eat, I do it by myself. But making my diary public means that all of my friends would be there while I was bingeing.
    Also, maybe you're not getting enough of certain nutrients, which could be contributing to your bingeing.
    Additionally, I find that I've been eating more simple carbs or sugar, I just keep on eating more, so trying to not even eat those in the first place might help limit your bingeing.
    Healthy snacks for those times of the month. But I know that it's hard to stop snacking when the cravings are bad.
    It's really important to stay positive, the weight will come off, even if seems to be taking a long time.
    Good Luck!!
  • DashaDahling
    Options
    I agree with what everyone said above, and for me, it helps to have a goal to keep you motivated. It can be clothes, vacation, a party...something that will give you more satisfaction in the future then the quick high of a binge. Best of luck!