Do you ever...

Options
...hit your calorie goal but not go over in something like carbs/protein/sugar/fat?

My calorie goal is to eat between 1200-1300 daily. I have trouble hitting that goal without going over in some other category. I usually go over on protein and sugar (due to fruit). Does anyone have some good meal plans that will allow me the calories I need without going over on the other stuff. If so, please share!

Thanks!

Replies

• Michellerw1
    Options
    ...hit your calorie goal but not go over in something like carbs/protein/sugar/fat?

My calorie goal is to eat between 1200-1300 daily. I have trouble hitting that goal without going over in some other category. I usually go over on protein and sugar (due to fruit). Does anyone have some good meal plans that will allow me the calories I need without going over on the other stuff. If so, please share!

Thanks!

From my experience, more veggies will help. Also, try to route out hidden sugars (fat-free and low-fat foods, I'm looking at you!!). I personally worry most about sodium, and if I am a bit over in one of the categories, I don't worry myself at all.
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I mostly just worry about the calories. I did start obsessing about the iron and calcium levels, but because a lot of the foods on the databases are added by members, they don't have all the data. So I decided that there's no point worrying too much, but just be aware of what you're eating.
  • Chastityx
    Chastityx Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    fruit has good sugar because it also has fiber, snack cakes are bad sugar. .concentrate on quality of calories
  • AlmostMrsP
    AlmostMrsP Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I realize the sugar in fruit is good and I try to eat a lot of fruit and veggies. Along with lean meats, some cheeses, whole wheat breads, etc. I just feel that since I'm not able to keep under on protein and stuff I am doing something wrong. I usually don't worry much about the sugar as long as it's coming from fruits.

I almost never go over on sodium (in fact I'm usually way under) and very rarely on fat if that helps at all to understand the diet I eat.
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    Eat small sized fruits and it's fine to go over on protein, it's good for you!!!
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Yes, I frequently go over on protein, as long as I feel like my food choices are good and I have a handle on calories, I don't worry either. My grandmother lived to be 94 and was a big veggie eater, I think she was on to something there...