Two small, but awesome, NSV's

Options
jessilee119
jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
1. I wore a braclet today that's been sitting in my jewelry box for several months. The last time I wore it, it was snug on my wrist. Today, it was loose. In order to get it snug again, I would have to slide it a good inch down my arm.

2. I bought a belt 2 weeks ago because the pants I bought a couple of months ago are getting too loose (I bought the braided kind of belt so I could tighten or loosen it as needed). The last time I bought a belt I had to get an XL; whereas, this time I was able to get a large. The L barely fit, but it fit. This week, I was able to tighten it more than last week.

All I have to say is WINNING!! :happy:

Replies

• losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    1. I wore a braclet today that's been sitting in my jewelry box for several months. The last time I wore it, it was snug on my wrist. Today, it was loose. In order to get it snug again, I would have to slide it a good inch down my arm.

2. I bought a belt 2 weeks ago because the pants I bought a couple of months ago are getting too loose (I bought the braided kind of belt so I could tighten or loosen it as needed). The last time I bought a belt I had to get an XL; whereas, this time I was able to get a large. The L barely fit, but it fit. This week, I was able to tighten it more than last week.

All I have to say is WINNING!! :happy:

Woo Hoo!!! Congrats!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    All the victories are definitely not relying on the scale in htis journey!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY DOING AN AMAZING JOB!!!!!
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    All the victories are definitely not relying on the scale in htis journey!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY DOING AN AMAZING JOB!!!!!

Yes it's funny how we become so dependent on the scale. I used to be a daily weigher keeping in mind about fluctuations, but this week I decided to change things up. I haven't weighed myself since last Sat. and I think it's helping me to see these other positive (and concrete) victories.
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options

Yes it's funny how we become so dependent on the scale. I used to be a daily weigher keeping in mind about fluctuations, but this week I decided to change things up. I haven't weighed myself since last Sat. and I think it's helping me to see these other positive (and concrete) victories.

Couldn't agree more. I used to be a daily weigher and it just freaked me out! Now I do an official weigh in once a week and I usually check in about midway through the week to see where I'm at. Keeps me much more sane :smile:
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Yay! It's those little things we don't normally notice that become big things!! Congrats!
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Yes you are...WINNING...Keep up the good work :smooched:
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    WAY to go! And great job on noticing the Non-Scale Victories!

I had a similar experience -- it took me 25 pounds to shrink a pant size. Since I have bought new pants (figured I'd be in them a while), I've been a little down since I have ONLY lost 5 pounds. Yet, my new pants seem to be slipping off my hips, and I need to keep tightening the new belt. I'm like -- wait, wait, wait! These are new! :)
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Great NSVs!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!