Why wont my lover go exercising with me!

Options
2»

Replies

• forme2310
    forme2310 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi I also have a partner that works on his feet all day and he don t like to exercise with me either. Pushing him will turn him away from ever going with you. But I would tell him how you feel about the communication. As far as the exercising go what about a dog or do you like music that may help you to exercise. I take my music to the gym or when I go for a walk I know its not the same as talking to someone but it sure works. The exercising is helping you even though it would help him he has to be ready to do it.
  • jpaden
    jpaden Posts: 21
    Options
    You have to interested in your health for you, it isn't your fiancee's responsibility to accompany you. You might enjoy the company but if you want to reach your goals, then you have to know that you have to do it alone. Sounds more like its a good excuse not to go on those walks because he doesn't want to go with you.
  • hairsnob610
    Options
    It sounds like it's more the quality time you want from him, not really the walk. I can appreciate that one! If he's off on the wknds, maybe you can have the walks with him then, but maybe get your normal workout in before that and just have nice slow walk. Let him decide how to spend time with you during the rest of the week. good luck!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. It's def hard when your significant other is not as dedicated as you are. You just have to take it slow. Nit seems his job is demanding and he comes home completely exhausted. I would just mention every once in a while hey would you like to go for a walk/jog with me? Especially if it's nice out. If he says no say ok and walk away. The worst thing you can do is keep begging.n doing so would make him not want to. Plus just focus on kicking that jogs *kitten* on your own. Once he sees the changes it has done to your body I'm sure he would want to join