30 Day Shred question!

Options
Is it safe to double up on workouts? I feel like 20 minutes isn't enough when I've been lounging and doing nothing all day haha.

And for any of you who do double up, how does it work for you?? Just curious. Thanks! :)

Replies

• statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    I've done level 1 back to back and levels 1 & 2. It kicks your butt the next day! Just be sure to do more cool down / stretching after and have a protein shake / snack to help recover faster. Good luck.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I would do the 30 DS workout I would go on my elliptical for about 30 minutes. No issues for me!!
  • midwesthiker
    Options
    I don't see why not. If you do her No More Trouble Zones it is 40 minutes of pretty much the same exercises.
  • Andee08
    Andee08 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Very rarely would I only do 30DS, I usually would mix it with a good run and / or do 2 sessions of 30DS. I am now doing Ripped in 30 and I do the same thing with that.
  • TheShelterCat
    Options
    I've been doing 30DS and 90 minutes of cardio most days. I usually do the 30DS in the am before the gym and the other night I came home from work and had energy so thought I would do another round before bed. Needless to say I woke up the next morning sore all over and "phoning it in" that day with all my workouts.

Take it easy and dont over do yourself! If you feel like it's not enough, maybe try adding some gym time or running to it?
  • nicolegetsfit
    Options
    Thanks for the answers everyone :)

I was doing C25K with it for while, but I kept getting knee pain. I might throw some elliptical training in with it though if I get a gym membership.
  • Nickygurl1
    Options
    I think doubling up would be a bad idea, as the programme is set up for completion over 30 days, with the intensity increasing every 10 days. If you double the workout you could end up doing yourself some damage. The workout is set in such a way that it builds the muscles, so you should do it gradually, be patience, and as the intensity increases you may find that 20mins is probably ideal.

In addition there is always the option of doing something more, such as a brisk walk, running, cycling, swimming, aerobics classes, etc. Mixing and matching exercises is good for your muscles and body, as a constant change means your body does not get use to the same routine.

My exercises usually consist of going to Zumba classes, swimming, doing the cross trainer, brisk walking and in sept hula hoop classes start. I love to exercise now, makes me feel great. I vary the exercises, and do as much as I can when I have time.

So mix and match and enjoy it, do what works for you :D!

Nicky x
  • Nickygurl1
    Options
    Good Luck :D x
  • npatel160
    npatel160 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have done level 1 and then gone for a run for extra cardio, that is great that you are able to do 2 workouts - have you tried running - its great if you want to switch up your workouts too.